JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Com - short for communication(s) or .com or Commie
Pro - a professional, or someone with a high degree of proficiency, or describing a position (pro-life, pro-gun)
Mise - A tax or tallage; in Wales, an honorary gift of the people to a new king or prince of Wales;.

Therefore: Com-pro-mise is a communist advocating taxation to then give the funds to the new king (Hogg).

Alright so don't flame me for this - just thinking out loud here as I'm oft to do.

What if...

There actually was a compromise. Something like AR platform to be treated like an NFA item, but suppressors come off the NFA list and the fed guarantees processing times of no more than, oh I dunno, 2 weeks?

NO! Not even "Ummmmm, no"...

If he is successful in his "gun control" efforts, young Mr. Hogg will ...

Run for office.

I wonder if Hogg is going to run on this platform in his presidential bid for 2036.

Zactly!!!!

"I can guarantee you that the framers of the Constitution never would imagine a weapon like the AR-15 being in the hands of an American citizen."

And I can guarantee you have no clue what you are talking about, none whatsoever.

Considering that the framers of the Constitution encouraged folks to arm themselves ..and arm themselves with the latest in military firearms...why wouldn't they consider a AR15 appropriate for American citizens to own...?
Irony being that the AR15 is not a military issue M16 series rifle....but just a rifle of the semi auto type....
Andy

Considering that military arms, and training and proficiency in such, were required to report for militia duty.... yes, an M16 would be appropriate!!

Here's a compromise for little Davey....... He gives up his 1A rights and stops polluting the airwaves, and I won't kick him in the nards.

The country is going to continue its slide into a Nanny State nightmare as long as we entertain the notion that stupid, weak, and grossly misinformed individuals get to dictate how adults run their lives. Hogg is a spectacularly obnoxious example of a person who needs to shut up and go away, rather than be in the business of crafting legislation.

The NFA process is already a dumpster-fire. Adding the most commonly sold rifle to that already overburdened and nearly unworkable system would be a real delight for all concerned. :rolleyes:

If you try to insult a male by saying he's like a woman, it works only if you and your audience all agree that women are inferior and contemptible. Doesn't work for me. How's about a little more creativity with the insults?

Of course, insults tend to be traditional, often with deep roots. I like insults. One of my favorite from the Mary Renault novel Last of the Wine : "You could teach a Cretan to lie and a Spartan to steal."

Didnt understand the one about he ought to be making sammiches. ??? :s0071:

Liked the one to the effect that the best part of him ran down mother's leg when he was sired. Version I heard is "Your parents must have conceived you standing up." Very old roots. Dates to era and culture that thought of semen as a life giving force, and believed more semen meant a more vigorous vital offspring; so coitus standing up with some semen running down woman's leg would give rise to a weak offspring.

I have actually apologized a bit for my comments, but I will do it here in the open.

TBH, my wife and I laugh about a lot of un-PC stuff, and jokes about sammich making are fairly common. The implication being that food prep is women's work. I was nearly a professional chef, so I strongly disagree with the notion, but comedy is comedy!

I like it here - I don't like whatever Hogg identifies as - I hope I did not offend anyone, 'cause y'all gots guns!:D

This kid is not even on the same level as the stain on Monicas blue dress and he wants to tell ME how I should compromise with him?

Bring it here skinny and convince me in my house.

I have actually apologized a bit for my comments, but I will do it here in the open.

TBH, my wife and I laugh about a lot of un-PC stuff, and jokes about sammich making are fairly common. The implication being that food prep is women's work. I was nearly a professional chef, so I strongly disagree with the notion, but comedy is comedy!

I like it here - I don't like whatever Hogg identifies as - I hope I did not offend anyone, 'cause y'all gots guns!:D
Cool. Thanks. Didnt even occur to me that the joke about the sammiches was just based upon stereotyping food prep as womens work. Especially since sandwiches is what you tend to have when nobody is cooking. Cant even tell ya what I was imagining it might mean.

Wasnt offended. But thread was sounding like a women-free zone. I get it. Its fun to hang out with your own gender and insult the other gender using stereotypes that we all mostly dont believe anymore but still enjoy. Women do it too. But NWFA isnt supposed to be a woman-free zone. Not really appropriate to treat it like it is. So I issued the gentle reminder that there are women NWFA members too

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top