JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you try to insult a male by saying he's like a woman, it works only if you and your audience all agree that women are inferior and contemptible. Doesn't work for me. How's about a little more creativity with the insults?

Of course, insults tend to be traditional, often with deep roots. I like insults. One of my favorite from the Mary Renault novel Last of the Wine : "You could teach a Cretan to lie and a Spartan to steal."

Didnt understand the one about he ought to be making sammiches. ??? :s0071:

Liked the one to the effect that the best part of him ran down mother's leg when he was sired. Version I heard is "Your parents must have conceived you standing up." Very old roots. Dates to era and culture that thought of semen as a life giving force, and believed more semen meant a more vigorous vital offspring; so coitus standing up with some semen running down woman's leg would give rise to a weak offspring.
I wish I could like this more than once!

If I were a small slender lightly-built prepubertal-looking guy like DH, I think I'd really be into gun skills and gun rights.

I'll accept repealing every gun law ever passed in trade for a thank you, I shouldn't have to say thank you because they were unconstitutional to begin with, but I'm willing to compromise.

More and more I'm convinced that this country needs a mandatory two year military enlistment for 18 year olds.
There has to be a drill instructor somewhere in the military that could knock some common sense into young people like this guy.

More and more I'm convinced that this country needs a mandatory two year military enlistment for 18 year olds.
There has to be a drill instructor somewhere in the military that could knock some common sense into young people like this guy.
I understand the statement, yet I do feel we're better off with those that voluntarily serve.

While I agree with the above post, I think a generation of compulsive service would at least have the potential of opening eyes.

When the biggest problem you have ever experienced is poor WiFi, you lack meaningful perspective.

When the biggest problem you have ever experienced is poor WiFi, you lack meaningful perspective.
I get the sentiment, but the Military has a purpose and that is to flatten any foe of Freedom, do we really think the David Hogg's of this world would be an addition to our Armed Services?

YES YES YES I have been saying it for years!! Send those little bastages to grow up with a Drill Sargent like @Stomper yelling at them. And make it so they can yell and cuss again!!!!!!!

Few things are more tyrannical than being forced to lay down one's life for the king...I mean democratically elected representative. Ironic, considering the topic at hand.

This little f&@$ Is lower than flea s%it on a rats a$$... opportunistic little f**#...he makes me want to :s0170:

When they step back from their insanity and start talking about compromise, it means they can't get what they want and they know it. Next step is to portray how noble they are and throw the bait out that a lot of "gun owners" will go for.

Watch out for this one...he has people behind him

What? Drill sargents cant yell or cuss any more? The TV shows and videos showing boot camps in various services, BUDS training, etc.--has that all been changed?

I understand the statement, yet I do feel we're better off with those that voluntarily serve.
Quite agreed, which is why I've advocated a compromise of "Basic for everyone, service only for the qualified." :) Everybody gets screamed at by Drill Sergeant Nasty, then the ones who aren't rejected for cause are offered the choice of whether to stay in and earn some college money or go back to civilian life and take whatever path they will from there.

One of my great regrets in life is the combination of hearing the call too late, and being so medically unsuitable that if you fired a round for every different 4-F classification I have you'd empty a magazine... :(

What? Drill sargents cant yell or cuss any more? The TV shows and videos showing boot camps in various services, BUDS training, etc.--has that all been changed?
NOPE! That all started around 88 when I enlisted, The D.I's couldn't cuss you any longer, couldn't touch you in an unloving manor, and you had "Cry Cards" you used if you felt the D.I. was on your case a little too much!
All these changes happened just after I cleared Basic, and we all had to laugh at the stupidity, and the Pussification that came after!
I Loved it when the D.I. cussed us, it was usually very creative and informative, especially when it involved comments about your breeding and the qualities of your upbringing, the validity of your Siring, as well as your monetary worth! Once all that ended, the quality of recruits went way down! Dang, I need Stomper to go off on a good cussin now, I actually miss hearing a good D.I. go off!

I don't think it should be mandatory, but military or civil service to EARN a voting franchise may go a LONG WAY towards not taking your liberty and the benefits of this country for granted, nor be inclined to sheite all over them... because you'd actually have some skin in the game.

IMNSHO.... ;)

NOPE! That all started around 88 when I enlisted, The D.I's couldn't cuss you any longer, couldn't touch you in an unloving manor, and you had "Cry Cards" you used if you felt the D.I. was on your case a little too much!
All these changes happened just after I cleared Basic, and we all had to laugh at the stupidity, and the Pussification that came after!
I Loved it when the D.I. cussed us, it was usually very creative and informative, especially when it involved comments about your breeding and the qualities of your upbringing, the validity of your Siring, as well as your monetary worth! Once all that ended, the quality of recruits went way down! Dang, I need Stomper to go off on a good cussin now, I actually miss hearing a good D.I. go off!

I recommend a book called, "Awesome "Sheite" my Drill Sergeant Said".... some funny stuff in there!

I don't think it should be mandatory, but military or civil service to EARN a voting franchise may go a LONG WAY towards not taking your liberty and the benefits of this country for granted, nor be inclined to sheite all over them... because you'd actually have some skin in the game.

IMNSHO.... ;)
Agreed! You have to earn your voting rights, and you have to earn your place in society by serving in some capacity for a minimum time, and have to clear certain requirements! Make it kind of like how Immigrants become citizens and have to take a test, which means they have to study our constitution and answer questions about it, and understanding the difference between rights and privileges!
Imagine if Politicians had to do this before running for office?

My P.E. teacher in high school was a drill Sargeant from Louisiana, I can still remember some of the choice words he had, and we had an English teacher who was a former gunnery Sargeant in the Marines. I remember him making kids do wall sits while holding an old, heavy typewriter out with straightened arms as punishment. This was in the late 90s, early 2000s at Corbett high school, in Corbett, Oregon. We had a lot of other veterans as teachers (taught us about operation northwoods and Ollie North's involvement with the CIA and drug smuggling to fund the contras), and I feel if more vets were teachers we'd have a much more disciplined populace, if not more children that knew their place.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top