JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here is a list of some gun controls - spelled out. Read closely. Ask your favorite not committed to keeping our rights person what they think. Ask your favorite liberal (but I expect you'll already know)

What if there were serious gun controls?
David Kopel - Lawyer

• For people convicted of domestic violence, even a misdemeanor, how about a lifetime prohibition on firearms possession?
  • Further, a government license should be required for anyone who wants to manufacture, import, or sell firearms. The license should be mandatory not only for formal businesses, but also for individuals who make repetitive transactions for the purpose of profit
  • Manufacturers, importers, and dealers who are granted a federal license should have to keep meticulous records of every transaction. Their records and inventory should be subject to warrantless, random inspections by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
  • Before a gun store can sell a firearm to an ordinary citizen, the citizen should have to get government approval
  • The purchaser should be required to answer dozens of questions certifying her background information. It is important that the government know the purchaser's race, and whether or not she is Hispanic
  • Any customer who purchases two or more handguns in a week should be automatically flagged and reported to the federal government and to local law enforcement.
  • Every handgun manufacturer should require handgun buyers to purchase a safe storage device for every handgun.
  • Felons should be forever prohibited from owning guns. They should never be allowed to hold a gun in their hands for even a few seconds. The lifetime prohibition should include non-violent felons
  • A lifetime prohibition should also apply to anyone who has ever been committed to a mental institution
  • Patients prescribed medical marijuana should be banned, even in states where such use is legal. In fact, all medical marijuana cardholders should be automatically banned, regardless of whether they are current users.
  • Only persons over 21 should be able to purchase a handgun at a gun store.
  • Assault rifles must be virtually banned.
  • Any of the older assault rifles in citizen hands should be registered with the government. If someone wants to acquire one, both the buyer and seller should have to file an application with the ATF.
  • The above is just the minimum baseline for federal laws. States should be allowed to enact must more restrictive additional laws.

Understood, but not how this high school shooter did it. He could not have done this with a bolt action rifle. He would have been overcome well before he shot 31 people. Maybe we could do better at keeping nutcases with 10 guns from clock towers too. Can we do something?

Okay, now I'm really confused here, Oya and michaels, what is it exactly you are suggsting here. I'm to give up all my firearms that may have one of more evil features including a scary bolt action because it' way too powerful and contains more then one feature on some ones verboten list, and its almost as fast as a semi auto rifle, you want me to not carry concealed to protest my self or my family, and you don't think the schools need to do any thing further to protect our kids, okay, got it, thanks for playing! What you two are forgetting is that the 2nd isn't about what can and cannot be arbitrarily governed, it's about my rights to own any thing i wish without yours or any one else's permition, something we have steadily lost since 1934, but ok, you wanna toss some more laws and bans at the wall because the 33, 000 current ones haven't stuck and prevented a single shooting! So, what exacty do you think we should do about all that, knowing that for almost the last century, nothing people much smarter then you have thus far come up with, other then to punish the law abiding, has done one damn thing!

A bunch of stuff I didn't say. My biggest issue is the premise of this post. That George Soros' fingerprints is all over this. People get pissed, and do something about it. I haven't said what I want to be done. I have issue with arming teachers, and putting schools on lockdown. And the cop on campus that day was useless. More than useless, because he made something like 75k a year. I don't actually know what I want, but I do know a BS solution when I see it. Again, screaming easily disproven conspiracy theories is not the way forward.

Understood, but not how this high school shooter did it. He could not have done this with a bolt action rifle. He would have been overcome well before he shot 31 people. Maybe we could do better at keeping nutcases with 10 guns from clock towers too. Can we do something?

About a statistical anomaly? No. Its not rational. Paranoia results from that line of thinking, which is considered a mental issue.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top