JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1 How are you going to arm teachers without $$

2 you're correct, there's nothing funny about that

3 An unarmed grandfather tackled Ronald Reagan's shooter

1 How are you going to arm teachers without $$

2 you're correct, there's nothing funny about that

3 An unarmed grandfather tackled Ronald Reagan's shooter

I buy my own ccw, so can they.

As an LEO, I or any of the hundreds of officers I work with have ever had a problem with shooting innocent people.

At least someone acted instead of being a victim. But that was the 80s.

Put schools on lock down every single day, single point entry with armed security and a means to stop any threat at that single point! Done deal, make the schools impenetrable and the tangos go shoot up a Starbucks instead!:D
Don't Have to arm teachers at that point, if no one can get in, no kids are gitting shot, pretty simple says me!!
Build a serious fence around the grounds, with entrances and exits monitored, and kids are not likely to get shot comming and going, I bet that' a hell of a lot cheaper to do then the insurance riders for armed staff!

So, do you buy your own ccw because that's a new policy/job requirement? It seems like if you're leo, they provide you with one. A gun that is, unless you're in administration. Wonderful that you and hundreds of leo don't have problems shooting people. Doesn't mean it's not a problem. And someone unarmed acted. Kinda takes the good guy with a gun narrative away. Cause there were good guys with guns all around.

Put schools on lock down every single day, single point entry with armed security and a means to stop any threat at that single point! Done deal, make the schools impenetrable and the tangos go shoot up a Starbucks instead!:D
Don't Have to arm teachers at that point, if no one can get in, no kids are gitting shot, pretty simple says me!!
Build a serious fence around the grounds, with entrances and exits monitored, and kids are not likely to get shot comming and going, I bet that' a hell of a lot cheaper to do then the insurance riders for armed staff!
Ahh yes, a solution for the land of the free

And what do you call our Military bases? Government buildings, ect............
Some times safety has a cost, what price are YOU willing to pay?!?!?
The alternates are much worse then this!

Exactly my thoughts also, people want the kids to be protected but they don't like how the most effective way to protect them is perceived, i e, metal detectors and armed guards.
But by God they sure do want more gun control that has not been effective at all through the years.
A delusional psychopath will not stop at being turned down to buying a gun, he will either steal it or borrow it or find another way to cause mass murder.

Last Edited:
So, do you buy your own ccw because that's a new policy/job requirement? It seems like if you're leo, they provide you with one. A gun that is, unless you're in administration. Wonderful that you and hundreds of leo don't have problems shooting people. Doesn't mean it's not a problem. And someone unarmed acted. Kinda takes the good guy with a gun narrative away. Cause there were good guys with guns all around.

I dont buy my own car and the teachers dont rent their classrooms. Not seeing your correlation there. Being in plain clothes, I pay for everything besides my gun, taser, soft body armor, radio and car. Some agencies make you buy your own weapon. My armor carrier, all of its attachments, backup gun, and the equipment, comes out of my pocket which I write off as job expenses, just like a teacher can with their job expenses.

A teacher with a ccw should be able to carry their weapon. Thats a personal choice and the school (taxpayers) shouldn't pay for it. Its for their defense, not a tool for their job.

Over 74% of police shootings per year on average were as a result of an actual firearm being present. The reason you know Castille's name is because stuff like that rarely happens. Several white good guys have been mistakenly shot and no one knows their names. Per the SCOTUS, uses of force are judged on the totality of circumstances. Thats why shootings can be mistakes, yet justified.

We protect our govt officials with armed guards
We protect our national parks and resources with armed people

We protect banks and some businesses with armed people

We protect govt buildings with armed people

We protect nation with armed people

We protect military bases with armed people

We protect prisoners and prison faculty staff and faculties with armed people

And all we have for school protection are maybe 1 or 2 armed officers (security or resources) and some signs?

And people want to continue to punish the 99% of armed civilians by taking away a class of gun?

How is that right?

My opinion, just harden the schools, make them more secure, allow staff to be armed and offer incentives (tax writeoffs?) To be properly trained and qualified to secure classrooms and buildings..., add metal detectors on entrances/exits, increase or hire specialized armed security officers, but do not make it so that its like a supermax prison..

But the big problem with that... funding.
We can't increase funding enough without increasing taxes or revenue, and yet we do not have as many jobs overall, or as many people employed overall (some people just dont want to be responsible enough to work or are not willing to tighten belts)...

Its politically expedient and easier to justify spending money to take away property than it is to invest in actual actionable security options for schools

What else do you do on a forum? This isn't the continental congress, its a bunch of people socializing that have a common interest in guns.

Then there's you.
Then there is me too. A gun owner who also thinks enough is enough and would give up his black guns if it would save one school from this carnage. This is a forum where we exchange ideas. There is more than one way of thinking and No regrets is not expressing something that other gun owners haven't thought about. Our kids are more important to me than my right to keep an assault weapon and that's from someone who owns more than a few of them. In the meantime let's harden the schools, maintain a centralized data base with mandatory reporting of any encounter with law enforcement or mental health and increase police authority to suspend someone's firearm rights when they observe wacked behaviors subject to a hearing. We have got to do better or they'll do it for us in a way we won't like.

Then there is me too. A gun owner who also thinks enough is enough and would give up his black guns if it would save one school from this carnage. This is a forum where we exchange ideas. There is more than one way of thinking and No regrets is not expressing something that other gun owners haven't thought about. Our kids are more important to me than my right to keep an assault weapon and that's from someone who owns more than a few of them. In the meantime let's harden the schools, maintain a centralized data base with mandatory reporting of any encounter with law enforcement or mental health and increase police authority to suspend someone's firearm rights when they observe wacked behaviors subject to a hearing. We have got to do better or they'll do it for us in a way we won't like.

By all means, tell me how you or me (who isn't going to hurt anyone), giving up semi autos is going to stop a bad guy?o_O

That's like me getting neutered to stop someone else from raping.

By all means, tell me how you or me (who isn't going to hurt anyone), giving up semi autos is going to stop a bad guy?o_O

That's like me getting neutered to stop someone else from raping.
You think this pos could have done this with a Remington 700 BDL or my Model 64 Winchester? I don't think so.

He could have done it with a bicycle lock, a gallon of gas and a match.

Again, how are good guys giving up semi autos going to stop bad guys?

He could have done it with a bicycle lock, a gallon of gas and a match.

Again, how are good guys giving up semi autos going to stop bad guys?
He could have, but he wouldn't have killed 17 and wounded 14 more. Look, I appreciate being able to own firearms including those class 3 weapons that require a little more scrutiny. I'm not advocating for confiscation. But when I hear some butt hole tell me that the price of those freedoms is dead kids,that leaves me a little cold. There are things we can do besides banning semi-automatic weapons.
We just need to start doing them.

So we have to give up semi autos or they might pass a law we won't like. Wtfo_O
Nope, I didn't say that. I quoted a portion of a members position that rang true. It's true. Screaming crises actors and George Soros just makes gun owners look unhinged. Hell, a few years back a member of this forum did a mass shooting and suicide. I don't want to say who, in case I get the wrong guy. But to anyone planning a murder/suicide remember to do the suicide part first.

What WE should do is get all of our rights back, get rid of all restrictions, and allow every one to carry if they so choose, take the Gooberment out of the schools and out of out lives and be done with it!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top