JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
On display at the historical society in Knoxville. Really cool to see up close. He traded it for "a good courting horse"... I think some of use can relate to that!

4BC7EC3D-7C81-432E-B2F4-85AA065A847E.jpeg

That's very neat! I love seeing history. I was able to visit the Henry Ford museum near Detroit earlier this year and it was amazing! I was thinking only cars but there's a ton of historical pieces there.
B9253ECD-8272-4C58-8AE7-AD5AEAB8A05C.jpeg
41B6FB80-2CD8-4AF4-AAD6-C398CA7B601A.jpeg
812E31B5-F31A-4CB1-8186-040FFF40C187.jpeg
Here's a cot that George Washington used during the war, the car JFK was riding in when he was assassinated (the top was put back on to keep it together), and the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in at Ford's Theater when he was assassinated. 9F182041-75F3-4693-B134-AAF1B44800F7.jpeg

On display at the historical society in Knoxville. Really cool to see up close. He traded it for "a good courting horse"... I think some of use can relate to that!

View attachment 1035590
I'll bet his rifle wasn't that spiffy when he traded it. Pretty cool that it is still intact.

That's very neat! I love seeing history. I was able to visit the Henry Ford museum near Detroit earlier this year and it was amazing! I was thinking only cars but there's a ton of historical pieces there.

Here's a cot that George Washington used during the war, the car JFK was riding in when he was assassinated (the top was put back on to keep it together), and the chair Abraham Lincoln was sitting in at Ford's Theater when he was assassinated. View attachment 1035722
Lincoln's chair is a whole lot worse for the wear since I was visiting Greenfield Village every year as a school kid.
At a company I worked for in the '80's, when Chinese nationals would come to inspect the equipment we were building for them, we would take them to Greenfield Village so show some of America's history. The salesman was always scratching his head, why were the delegates so uninterested?
Had an interpreter ask, and the answer was "this is the same as what we currently work with in China."
Where those guys really had a great time was the full nude strip clubs in Windsor, Ontario. Apparently China's morality laws had no sway when they were in other countries.

Nice looking rifle. I have a story to tell. I don't know how of you are familiar with the mountain man, Joe Meek. He was a fur trapper who was one of the people involved with the formation of the state of Oregon and he finally settled around Hillsboro, Ore. My dad was raised in the Hillsboro area (1941 graduate of Hillsboro High School) and grew up with some of Meek's descendants most likely his great grandchildren. Anyway my dad took me along to visit his childhood friend, Steve Meek close to 60 years ago. Over the mantle were hanging two flintlock rifles that I was told belonged to Joe Meek. Being that this was family member I would be inclined to accept the statement at face value. Noticing my interest in the rifles he took one down and let me handle it. Then He cocked the rifle and gave it to me said I could pull the trigger. Being 9-10 at the time the shower of sparks surprised me having up to this point only fired my 1906 Winchester '22 rifle and my dad's .22 High Standard double nine revolver. I wish I had asked more questions at the time but I was excited just to handle the rifles which i was told belonged to Joe Meek.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top