Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Dave's Sports in Lynden

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PeglegJones, Oct 20, 2013.

1. PeglegJones

PeglegJones Ferndale,WA Member

Recently purchased some 9mm that was offered at Dave's done by a reloader in Lynden. Many rounds had not been put through the final die and had bulged cases cause FTE...had them examined at the range. Took them back to Dave's and the they wouldn't do anything about the issue...told me to contact the re-loader. Asked for a phone number since none was on the box and was told he didn't have it.

Dave's just lost my patronage.

2. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

Dave's not home.

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

What does it say on the box.. any sort of company name? If not, both parties are not doing the right thing and they know it. I half suspect "Dave's" reloads them.

4. Tangent123123

Tangent123123 Battle Ground Active Member

Dave's sold them to you, they are liable if they blow up in your face. They should know better then selling reloads in the first place. And not to be rude, but I wouldn't buy reloads from anyone I didn't 100% trust.

I would take the ammunition back and remind them of that liability when you ask for a refund.

5. Certaindeaf

They are either commercial reloads or not. They should be for Dave's to have sold them.
    If they are commercial reloads Dave's is not liable nor would/should he afford a refund, same as factory loads.

6. Certaindeaf

So did you figure out if those came in a Ziploc bag yet or what?

7. davessports

davessports Lynden, WA New Member

@PeglegJones: this is Joel from Dave's Sports in Lynden. Just read your post and we're very sorry about what happened. That is absolutely not in line with our policy and whichever staff member gave you that response was incorrect and will be re-trained on this topic. That local re-loader is no longer doing so, so it shouldn't be a future issue, and regarding your 9mm ammo there, you can bring it in to exchange for some factory-new loads. You can email info@davessports.com and we'll get this taken care of for you (and would like to find out who you talked to if possible). Thanks and sorry again about the error on our part.

8. Certaindeaf

Well, you can't hardly beat that.. glad it pretty much got straightened out.

9. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Looks like c-deaf makes a career out of being wrong, he must work for the government.

10. Certaindeaf

Wrong about what? It seems that the/an employee should have directed him more properly to the commercial reload manufacturer.

And what are you right about, you being a dick, again?

11. PeglegJones

PeglegJones Ferndale,WA Member

Thanks much Joel...I will come in and see you.

12. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

For someone that likes to take shots you sure don't take them well. Lighten up, buttercup.