JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First of all, I want to give a shout-out to our resident, independent Journalist out of Puyallup, WA- Dave Workman.

2013-01-19_13-10-26_209.jpg
Dave Workman giving a 2nd Amendment Speech during the rally

I think it's time to give credit, where credit is due. While all other media outlets wouldn't touch the Fast & Furious operation, the death of Brian Terry or the investigation coverup- Dave was there to make sure that the operation got brought out to the deserving limelight. Although our great lord protector, King Obama, made an executive directive to seal all F&F documents ("transparency" my arse!), the mainstream media never would have picked up the story if it wasn't for the constant bush beating that journalists like Dave kept up on. For that I say, "thank you Dave". Thank you for being an actual journalist that seeks out the truth.

Also, I liked the speech...you managed to leave out abortions and religion to just talk about why our gun rights are important to the safety of all our rights and you didn't even try to promote yourself during the obviously tempting opportunity.

2013-01-19_11-49-59_44.jpg

Now, for the rally...lots of people showed up. Easily over 2,000. No obvious issues either- even with the counter protesters just across the street. It was cold as sin, but the weather stayed nice (no wind, rain or snow the entire time). I just wish that sound guy could have gotten the mic-to-speaker ratio better without the feedback! Other than that, great turnout.

Signs were spot-on. One guy was even walking around yelling about how since guns were so dangerous, he chose to state how spoons made him fat.

2013-01-19_11-42-12_873.jpg

I came in with five of the Benton County Militia guys, a high school friend and about eight other pro-gun activists (we rented a van).

If you were there, you probably saw me. I was the guy that was clean shaved in full suit and tie with a black Galil strapped on my back (I transferred it to my front at the end of the rally) w/ a trijicon red dot. I was also totting around an American flag while one of the other guys was totting around a 3%er flag. The Spokane, Pierce County, Moses Lake and Benton County Militias were there to support the rally. All in all about 25 militia members were there.

Anyone see that guy sporting the .50BMG in the backpack? Holy crap!

Anyhoot...wish more showed up, but it is what it is. Loved it when the Committees of Safety idea was brought up. We were all over that!

Plan on attending next year's rally as well. But lets hope we sent a clear message to our current Governor that we won't need a rally next year!

*Riot Out*

2013-01-19_13-10-26_209.jpg

2013-01-19_11-42-12_873.jpg

2013-01-19_11-49-59_44.jpg

Guns Across America Rally at Washington state Capitol in Olympia | Gun owner portraits | Seattle editorial photographer « Seattle Photographer Daniel Berman | Bellingham, WA | (206) 387-3767 [email][email protected][/email]

Guns Across America Rally at Washington state Capitol in Olympia | Gun owner portraits | Seattle editorial photographer
I had no idea what to expect when I made the long, early morning drive to Olympia on Saturday for the Guns Across America rally. I knew this is would be an important event to document given current events and the incredible fervor surrounding gun rights in this country.

I decided to focus on making portraits in front of a portable studio setup of some of the 1,500 people to attend the event. About half of the people I asked to photograph were interested and allowed me to do so, the rest rebuffed me, mostly citing their privacy and concerns of how the images might be used. I understood. That is all part of the environment these gun owners live in, and I respected their wishes and moved on. Still, I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and chat with passionate people involved in something they care about and believe deeply in................
Click link for all and the pics.

I think that was a .416 barret.. but ya.. WOW

myself and family were there.
I was wearing the Constitution shirt with the black Gaston flag with my lovely wife and my awesome twins. :) I think the whole thing went very well!
We learned that guns in the state house were fin.. Just no BALLOONS! Thought that lady was going to stroke when we can in the door with the balloons.. lol

I cant think of a single negative about the whole thing!
And I got a chance to but some faces to some board names.

We should have a washington NWFA get together.

Guns Across America Rally at Washington state Capitol in Olympia | Gun owner portraits | Seattle editorial photographer « Seattle Photographer Daniel Berman | Bellingham, WA | (206) 387-3767 [email][email protected][/email]

Guns Across America Rally at Washington state Capitol in Olympia | Gun owner portraits | Seattle editorial photographer
I had no idea what to expect when I made the long, early morning drive to Olympia on Saturday for the Guns Across America rally. I knew this is would be an important event to document given current events and the incredible fervor surrounding gun rights in this country.

I decided to focus on making portraits in front of a portable studio setup of some of the 1,500 people to attend the event. About half of the people I asked to photograph were interested and allowed me to do so, the rest rebuffed me, mostly citing their privacy and concerns of how the images might be used. I understood. That is all part of the environment these gun owners live in, and I respected their wishes and moved on. Still, I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and chat with passionate people involved in something they care about and believe deeply in................
Click link for all and the pics.

That was you with the white posterboard? When you asked if I wanted a "free photo" I didn't know you were going to post them...thought you were going to take them then charge for prints.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top