JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Daughter pulled the unit 42, south Idaho owyhee bull tag. Highly sought after tag. 400 class bulls. She's 13. I pulled the tag a few years ago and shot a 325 bull. Anyways hope she can handle the .300 short mag, cause it has the best scope I can afford dialed for longer range.
Kind of stressful cause we need to close the deal on this one.

Stress and expectations can ruin a hunt, especially for a young hunter. You are right, it is the hunt of a lifetime because you will be making memories whether successful or not that you and your daughter will look back on fondly. My best hunting trophies aren't the animals hanging on the walls, it is the time spent with family and friends in the woods and those memories I now fondly look back upon.

I encourage you to set your goals not on the harvest but around the memories you and your daughter will look back on for the rest of your lives.

.300 WSM is a bit tough on a young girl. If she can't hold a group on a target, you might want to go with something lighter. Yes, you will need to shorten the range then; but you will have to anyway if she can't make a decent group with the .300 WSM.

I do my best to make memories daily. Seems to be working great. 5 kids.
We will make wonderful memories on this hunt, taking a giant...

I'm not a hunter. I've got no problem with it. I think hunters are a little crazier than fishermen! I love the stories and pictures though. Looking forward to some of that after the hunt. :s0155:

Good Huntin"!

Im sorry but even if your daughter is built like a linebacker that 300wsm is going to knock the bubble gum out of her, and in return not be fun for her to shoot. If this is a hunt of a life time its the perfect time to get her her own rifle. One that fits her and not something she is going to dread shooting. Buy her a new gun, take her to shoot it so she confident with it, and she will have all the confidence she needs for a successful hunt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top