JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's no easier either if it someone you grew up with, I had to draw on an old friend and was prepared to shoot.
Shakes you up a little,but if you have been preparing your mind for a self-defense situation I believe it wouldn't be so difficult.
I think the mental training is just as important if not more so in some ways than the physical training.
Total stranger,not to sound cold would be a lot easier for me to put a round or three into than my friend I grew up with.
That was in May and I still run that situation through my head, if I didn't have protection from the Lord and my gun that night I'd be dead.

Exactly correct IMO. Ongoing mental prep is a must for several reasons. Besides the obvious which is self defense, it prepares one to not have the emotional carryover or at least minimize it to some degree.

I always said eighty percent of successful self-defense is in libraries, ranges and quiet rooms long before Game Day ever comes--not just studying and training, but meditating and condition on questions like "if necessary to preserve my life and those of my loved ones, am I willing to accept ending that of an aggressor who intends to harm me or mine."

When out in public I like to activate the fire control neurons and compute a firing/escape solution involving various other inhabitants of my immediate area.
Note that this does not mean pulling my piece or causing fear among the peons. It means running what-ifs in my head.

When out in public I like to activate the fire control neurons and compute a firing/escape solution involving various other inhabitants of my immediate area.
Note that this does not mean pulling my piece or causing fear among the peons. It means running what-ifs in my head.

Yes, I have been telling my clients for almost 44 years, to run "what-if" scenarios through their heads, where ever they go, so they aren't totally surprised by what might happen. That means anywhere, church, schools, stores, desert, woods, beaches, on the road or at home.
The more prepared you are, the calmer you might be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top