JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently acquired a Colt lawman III in a matte nickel finish. I am trying to figure out a production date and am having no luck with it, I've checked on proofhouse.com but am unsure if I'm reading numbers correctly or if its just not there. Any help on where else to look info that you guys may have would be great. :cool: The serial number is 20069 U

When I read your headline I thought that you were 'Dating' your Colt like you would date your girlfriend! Haha.....

Perhaps a new piece of legislation is needed so that in is no longer One Man, One Woman who can marry.... but One Man, One Gun....:D

When I read your headline I thought that you were 'Dating' your Colt like you would date your girlfriend! Haha.....

Perhaps a new piece of legislation is needed so that in is no longer One Man, One Woman who can marry.... but One Man, One Gun....:D

:s0112::s0112: Hey theres nothing wrong with wanting to take a nice wheel gun to dinner once in awhile

According to my book "Colt an American Legend" by R.L. Wilson, your lawman mkIII was made in either 1981 or 1982-probably 1982 because your serial # is closer for that year.
Hope that helps.

I dated my colt detective spl. once....and I found it the nicest little nickle plated S&W chiefs special you ever saw...Now they both sleep together in my gun safe...although the colt runs around a little...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top