JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I've got hip to a kindly tip, and have a plan to motor southwest. Though farther south than Route 66, I'm reasonably sure I'll get my kicks. More seriously, I'd like to record some of the meanderings for later review by my beloved, and possibly, my father (we often run plans past the patriarch). I'm looking for a device that:

• Records video from a vehicle.
  • Is not permanently attached. I'm hopping a plane and renting a car in this case. (Though this mode of transport will likely change after initial investigation.)
  • Is small enough to be stashed in à la carte baggage.
  • Isn't redonkulously expensive. (No problem paying enough for a reliable unit though.)
Thanks for any recommendations.

P.S. I have it on good authority that those desert routes are bat country. No matter, I'm going to be properly armed with a .357 revolver and a flyswatter. :p

Go Pro - pick one you like. They offer suction cup window or dash mountings. Cameras detect orientation, so it doesn't matter if the camera is "upside down" or right side up, the video will come out the same.

Go Pro - pick one you like. They offer suction cup window or dash mountings. Cameras detect orientation, so it doesn't matter if the camera is "upside down" or right side up, the video will come out the same.

^^^This^^^

Plus you can set the frame rate and "speed play" the entire road trip contained in a few minute video if you set it up correctly.

My dad bought me a $20 unit off of Amazon for Christmas. I installed it and the next day, recorded a very near miss with a deer.

A week after that, it died.

I went on Amazon and started looking for a replacement. You can get some very nice and very highly rated units for under $100.

Or you can spend twice that or more on the GoPro.

https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-Dashb...&s=gateway&sprefix=auto+camera,aps,271&sr=8-3

51baCZXyD0L.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads