JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Site-wide.

Get some new boots for the fall before you get out to slay Bambi's mom.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
My Danner Fort Lewis boots have held up great to everything I have thrown at them. I've stood in creeks doing dishes and stayed completely dry. Great boots from an Oregon company (even if it is Portland ;))!

Thanks for posting.

I'm set on boots myself. I figured if it helps someone else who is an outdoors enthusiast then why not spread the word.

American made Danners are great, the foreign made ones are "Meh" at best.

Back when Uncle Sam had us Army guys in black boots and BDU's I had a set of the Ft. Lewis boots, they were a definite step up from the issued "winter boots" we got from CIF.

I will give honest negative feedback. In my Army career I spent a lot of time in the field or on deployments in some tip-of-the-spear units. I owned and wore a lot of different manufacturers; 5.11 (excellent), Bates (excellent), Belleville (excellent), and some others that held up well.

For reasons I cannot recall (I remember: my excellent 5.11s that had lasted at least 6 months of heavy duty and were in perfect condition, needed to be replaced b/c my Commander said they were not to regulation standard as they were a shade too light of brown), I needed a new pair of boots and everyone swore by Danners. They were (and still are) the most expensive boots I ever purchased and I gulped pretty hard spending the money on them, as I recall around $150 at the PX. That's about 3-4 times what I'd normally spend. And later in my career I got a lot of free boots issued.

The Danners were hands down the worst garbage trash boots I've ever owned. They disintegrated in several weeks of base and field wear. No abnormal use, but the interiors just disintegrated to the point they were thrown out after a very brief period, like maybe a few months. I distinctly recall thinking they fell apart so fast they must have a warranty or a defect or something, but I never pursued any recourse. G-A-R-B-A-G-E.

I would not recommend Danners nor will I ever buy any. By contrast, a few months back I posted a deal, long gone now, for Bates boots. They were $30. They are excellent. I bought a dozen pair. I've had reports from friends who have put them to hard work use and they are solid.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top