JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first reaction to this story was this(if the story is true): Why would this guy take a taxi? If I had expensive shotguns and I was on a business trip, I would be renting a car/suv to move around in.

Shotgun executive ‘terrorist’ arrest story in Denver may be massive hoax

Today, the Adams County, Colo. Sheriff’s Office is setting the record straight on what appears to have been a massive hoax that raced across the internet over the weekend, and even ensnared a prominent gun rights writer, one Denver television station, several Second Amendment activists on a popular Northwest gun rights forum and a well-known Second Amendment attorney.

<broken link removed>

Some of us...not all of us (and not me)...appear to have been had!

Shotgun executive &#8216;terrorist' arrest story in Denver may be massive hoax

Today, the Adams County, Colo. Sheriff's Office is setting the record straight on what appears to have been a massive hoax that raced across the internet over the weekend, and even ensnared a prominent gun rights writer, one Denver television station, several Second Amendment activists on a popular Northwest gun rights forum and a well-known Second Amendment attorney.

<broken link removed>

Some of us...not all of us (and not me)...appear to have been had!

Check post #22 of this thread, it's been covered. :D:D I posted almost the same thing last night.

Check post #22 of this thread, it's been covered. :D:D I posted almost the same thing last night.

I knew about Drew's Post #22 when I wrote the piece, and if you read my column you'd see where I had talked to Codrea. My column was primarily about how so many folks were duped by this hoax, and what they were experiencing in the aftermath.

Codrea is my colleague and friend, and this has really upset him. All journalists have is their credibility and when that gets taken for a ride, we look like fools, or at least we feel like we look like fools. Pretty humiliating.

David is a good man and a damn good investigative journalist. He'll bounce back fast because he is resilient and he has a lot of faithful readers who understand that mistakes can be made.

After all, he's not the only poor guy who was bamboozled. David Kopel the attorney, the local Fox News affiliate...some folks on this forum...Steve Schreiner; it's a tempest in a teapot.

Let's not get distracted by this when there are so many irons in the fire....and they're hot.

I knew about Drew's Post #22 when I wrote the piece, and if you read my column you'd see where I had talked to Codrea. My column was primarily about how so many folks were duped by this hoax, and what they were experiencing in the aftermath.

Codrea is my colleague and friend, and this has really upset him. All journalists have is their credibility and when that gets taken for a ride, we look like fools, or at least we feel like we look like fools. Pretty humiliating.

David is a good man and a damn good investigative journalist. He'll bounce back fast because he is resilient and he has a lot of faithful readers who understand that mistakes can be made.

After all, he's not the only poor guy who was bamboozled. David Kopel the attorney, the local Fox News affiliate...some folks on this forum...Steve Schreiner; it's a tempest in a teapot.

Let's not get distracted by this when there are so many irons in the fire....and they're hot.

I give him a lot of credit for saying his story was wrong and going through the research before he posted the story.

You're right, there's a lot of other things to concentrate on now.

I'm not sure just how much "research" was done. When I read the story, it just didn't sit with me, so I ended up doing a Google search and that's when I found the obituary for the person mentioned as having been arrested...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top