Daniel Defense Torture Test

Reactions
Oh certainly, the DDM4 is indeed quite durable as well. Larry commented on a thread over on M4C, and some of the tests were performed multiple times in order to get all the shots.

Guys the promo torture test video are actually excerpts from my upcoming TV show on the torture test- the clips you see are pieced together from the filming; believe it or not to get the different angles we needed for filming the tests were usually done more than once ( like shot twice with birdshot, ran over 4 times with the jeep, etc.) - the explosion was only done once however for obvious reasons!

The show will have better continuity however as I also noted bits and pieces that don't fit together on the promo video - we were all very impressed with the DDM4 but even more so with the T1 - particularly since the gun always tilted so the optic hit first from any significant fall

Be safe

LAV
I'm going to resist the urge to respond at length to the AK comment... suffice it to say I don't see how an AK could have fared better ;)

OP
wichaka
Reactions
I've personally seen many an AR take quite a bit of abuse...including handling over charged reloads, run over, had one dept. AR fall from a helicopter I was in and it was quite a bit over 100 feet. Have seen them run so many rounds that the bolt was pushing the dirt/grime out with every round fired. So overall I don't think the DD M4 is anymore special than any other well made AR.

I still don't think anyone should go cheap though. If it's made right, it'll run...its a machine, it doesn't have a choice. And they'll take a lot of abuse, they were engineered to do so.

Most video's like the one I posted, mostly impress the uninformed. Its a marketing ploy, nothing more.

Reactions
Pretty impressive torture test compared to others I've seen. I'm even more surprised the aimpoint stayed functioning and held zero as long as it did.
does anyone know what kind of flash supressor that in on the rifle? Never seen one that has those little doors that open on the first shot.
Standard A2 flash hider wrapped with duct tape

If they wanted to get even more convincing they should be running some "lesser" brand ARs though the test with it although it wouldn't be great for sales if the others made it through as well.

Reactions
Cool video, but nothing amazing. After all, military firearms are designed to hold up in harsh environments. I will say that a ak would hold up better because it's made out of steel and not aluminum. Not bashing the ar ( I have many and actually perfer the ar platform) but it's still a cool video. Thanks for posting wichaka.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom