JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
IMG_03331_zps5363dcbd.jpg little chewed up by the threads, so I painted it with Cerekote and it looks pretty good now"

When I received it, I noticed some very strangeness going on under the paint, so I stripped it off and discovered it was a little more than a "little" chewed up. Someone had gouged the absolute bubblegum out of this thing... I don't understand what the hell could have happened to it. Obviously someone had a hard time getting it off their gun (or was doing something totally un-gun-related with it...???), and then tried to cover it up by filling in the gouges with JB or Bondo or some similar metal fill epoxy and sanding smooth, most of which came off when I stripped the paint.

Unfortunately for me, I bought this for a project that I'm taking my sweet *** time with, and didn't even open it up for a month or two after I got it. By the time I discovered the extent of the "chewed up"ness and contacted the seller, she (weird, I know) told me she'd already done paid up her bills with the money and couldn't refund me.... sorry.

It wasn't the mankyness of the handguard that bothered me, it was the price I'd paid for it. I'd still use the thing the way it is- there's nothing majorly structurally wrong with it, it's just been the victim of some serious retardation. I figured "oh well... I guess it won't make much difference, I'm certainly not going to be hanging this thing on th wall." But I've since decided to go with a totally different design, and have no use for it... so now I get to experience the loss.

What price to set? I'm not going to get what I paid for it. I guess I'll put it up for $100 shipped. Anyone want it?

[email protected] will definitely be the best way to open up communication with me.

Edit - I repainted with Rustoleum Oven/Grill paint, and it looks good again.

What it looked like when I got it, and what it looks like right now:

IMG_03481_zps3a099b90.jpg

IMG_03501_zpsd49d4d57.jpg

IMG_03491_zpsc93fa411.jpg

What it looked like after I stripped her paint off:

View attachment 132873

IMG_03311_zps8a3a8662.jpg

IMG_03321_zps72addad8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's peanutbuttabumpy time! peanutbuttabumpy time! Where it at? Where it at? There it goes! There it goes! To the top! On the top! Yea, yea, yea

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.