JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a CZ 550 Safari in 416 Rigby. That was a beautiful, sexy beast!
The rifle was sighted for 200yd and a 350gr Solid at 2300 fps.
Five shots, and I would have a bloody bruise on my shoulder. I started to develop a flinch, so sold it.
I'm never going to Africa to hunt, so don't regret it. I enjoyed it's aesthetics when I had it.

High-end, ultra expensive, custom affairs can still be had, but they are naturally pricey.

Regarding the mass producers of bolt-actions, two come to mind:

• CZ makes rifles in .500 Jeffery, .500 Gibbs, .416 Rigby, .404 Jeffery, .458 Winchester Magnum, .416 Taylor, .375 H&H, 9.3x62㎜ Mauser, et al.
  • Ruger makes rifles in .416 Rigby, .375 Ruger, .338 Win Mag, et al.
The little experience I've had with the CZs have been most positive. Happy hunting. :)
Fixed it for ya....

I had a .458 for a few weeks. It didn't recoil enough. Too used to shooting steel buttplate military rifles I suppose. Possible I like to feel recoil. Reminds you you're alive...

I expect I will build a 9.3x62 at some point on a Mauser action.

I may build something obscenely if at some point like a .505 Gibbs, but that's way in the future...
Of course it didn't thump you - very few men are as built as solidly as you are. @MountainBear is an aptly descriptive user name....

Had a CZ 550 Safari in 416 Rigby. That was a beautiful, sexy beast!
The rifle was sighted for 200yd and a 350gr Solid at 2300 fps.
Five shots, and I would have a bloody bruise on my shoulder. I started to develop a flinch, so sold it.
I'm never going to Africa to hunt, so don't regret it. I enjoyed it's aesthetics when I had it.

Fixed it for ya....

Of course it didn't thump you - very few men are as built as solidly as you are. @MountainBear is an aptly descriptive user name....

@MountainBear on the left, In case anyone was wondering!
1571291665976.png

I thought about having a 375 h&h built even had a brand new mark x magnum action to build on but could not justify it since i already had a nice maurer in 9
3×62
I feel anything that the 375 could do my 9.3 could do as well, the mark x action went down the road as did my desire for the 375.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top