JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a CZ 550 Safari in 416 Rigby. That was a beautiful, sexy beast!
The rifle was sighted for 200yd and a 350gr Solid at 2300 fps.
Five shots, and I would have a bloody bruise on my shoulder. I started to develop a flinch, so sold it.
I'm never going to Africa to hunt, so don't regret it. I enjoyed it's aesthetics when I had it.

High-end, ultra expensive, custom affairs can still be had, but they are naturally pricey.

Regarding the mass producers of bolt-actions, two come to mind:

• CZ makes rifles in .500 Jeffery, .500 Gibbs, .416 Rigby, .404 Jeffery, .458 Winchester Magnum, .416 Taylor, .375 H&H, 9.3x62㎜ Mauser, et al.
  • Ruger makes rifles in .416 Rigby, .375 Ruger, .338 Win Mag, et al.
The little experience I've had with the CZs have been most positive. Happy hunting. :)
Fixed it for ya....

I had a .458 for a few weeks. It didn't recoil enough. Too used to shooting steel buttplate military rifles I suppose. Possible I like to feel recoil. Reminds you you're alive...

I expect I will build a 9.3x62 at some point on a Mauser action.

I may build something obscenely if at some point like a .505 Gibbs, but that's way in the future...
Of course it didn't thump you - very few men are as built as solidly as you are. @MountainBear is an aptly descriptive user name....

Had a CZ 550 Safari in 416 Rigby. That was a beautiful, sexy beast!
The rifle was sighted for 200yd and a 350gr Solid at 2300 fps.
Five shots, and I would have a bloody bruise on my shoulder. I started to develop a flinch, so sold it.
I'm never going to Africa to hunt, so don't regret it. I enjoyed it's aesthetics when I had it.

Fixed it for ya....

Of course it didn't thump you - very few men are as built as solidly as you are. @MountainBear is an aptly descriptive user name....

@MountainBear on the left, In case anyone was wondering!
1571291665976.png

I thought about having a 375 h&h built even had a brand new mark x magnum action to build on but could not justify it since i already had a nice maurer in 9
3×62
I feel anything that the 375 could do my 9.3 could do as well, the mark x action went down the road as did my desire for the 375.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top