JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I received a suspicious email that appears to be offering a listing of ranges with firearms safety classes. Heading is "Learn To use a gun effectively With firearm Safety Classes".

They do not give any clue as to who they are, the email sending address is [email protected].

Anyone seen this?

If it isn't a company I have given my info to then it goes straight into the trash.

Not really a surprising to get spam mail for gun classes considering the huge increase in gun buys.

I'd chock it up to a fishing spam mail and delete it - genuine businesses will link you to thier website directly without going thru a proxy server.

Something to be suspicious about...

Don't click links. Each link in every email gives a specific code when you click it showing that your email is active.

Same as images. The image url in the email will pull a file with a specific code letting them know your email is active.

Don't open, don't click. Just delete. Google has a good spam filter that blocks remote images- something that's needed.

I do delete such email. In this case I am trying to learn whether a general caution to other possible recipients is a good idea.

Sometimes just permitting an image to be displayed in such an message can assist a download of malware. Any with an attachment is likely to be a crypto virus that will encrypt everything on the computer and demand ransom for a decryption key.

When some brand name or such is spoofed I also copy out the actual addresses for embedded links (hover cursor over link and watch for true address lower left screen), full header and full message to either an address at the spoofed company or to http://www.antiphishing.org/.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top