JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I just wanted to share some recent experiences I've had when visiting some local gunshops. It seems the prices are at or near rock bottom on some of the rifles I really like and use. I'll give some examples of some rifles I've seen in the last 2 weeks.

1. Stainless Tikka CTR 308w with 20" barrel: $599.99 (like new condition)
2. Winchester model 70 XTR Featherweight 243 winchester. Made in 1981 (first year XTR fwt): $399.99
3. Old model Savage Predator 22-250: $289.00
4. Tikka superlite 30-06: $500.00
5. Pre 64 model 70 30-06 featherweight (made in '58): $475.00!!!

Well, needless to say I bought a couple of these rifles and will probably end up buying the pre 64 tomorrow. Just can't pass up that smoking hot deal on a classic rifle. The only reason I did not buy it today was because I ended up buying a Beretta 303 Trap with 32" ported barrel and adjustable comb with nice wood and in great condition for $360.00..... Have you guys noticed the same thing with prices lately?

I try not to look too much, as I don't have the income that I had during my working years. Between ammo purchases, builds on the M4 and M5 lowers I already have, new optics, etc. I can't keep up with my needs much less the wants!

I try not to look too much, as I don't have the income that I had during my working years. Between ammo purchases, builds on the M4 and M5 lowers I already have, new optics, etc. I can't keep up with my needs much less the wants!

I hear that man...:D Wish me luck today..:p

Holly Molly on the Beretta 303!

You know flashpan, I was thinking the same thing. I used to shoot competitively and my partner uses a 303 trap and just tears up the birds with it. When I saw the 303 at the LGS, I knew exactly what it was. When she pulled it out of the rack, my jaw dropped, becasue then I could see the price tag and adjustable comb. I should get a pic for you guys to check it out. My buddy says it's a $850.00+ shotgun all day long... Generally I don't side step a pre 64 for a shotgun, but I made an exception yesterday... I think I'll head out here in a bit and get the pre 64 though... It's one of those deals where I'll be kicking myself, IF I don't buy it...

OH yea...send a pick of that one. And yes my freinds with a trap addition always spoke highly of the 303. Let me know when you tire of it.
Hey buddy, check this one out:
2xsQMbk.jpg

My buddy was trying to talk me out of it all day long today!!!

Yeah, she's a good shooter. I busted some birds with it friday night. I also shot this one today:
ekRBsfd.jpg
LDPgGg3.jpg
5YcMUie.jpg
j9tjrtn.jpg

Metal and bluing are in pretty good condition. Has both front and rear sight and no extra holes. All good things to look for in a pre 64. However, the stock is not original. That does take away a lot from the collector value. This one is a great shooter though.

I found an original front hood and an original fwt stock is being shipped to my addy as we speak. Should be back in original condition before too long:

Jkmh1f4.jpg

I've seen some great deals on really nice vintage bolt action hunting rifles in recent years too.

I think it has to do with less people hunting, and the fact that everyone is into ARs and such nowadays. I've met a lot of people, especially younger guys, who look down on classic hunting rifles with disdain. They see them as obsolete junk, no respect. That, and the availability of really cheap modern bolt actions.

If I didn't have too many already, and had any interest in hunting, I'd be buying them up.

I've seen some great deals on really nice vintage bolt action hunting rifles in recent years too.

I think it has to do with less people hunting, and the fact that everyone is into ARs and such nowadays. I've met a lot of people, especially younger guys, who look down on classic hunting rifles with disdain. They see them as obsolete junk, no respect. That, and the availability of really cheap modern bolt actions.

If I didn't have too many already, and had any interest in hunting, I'd be buying them up.

Yeah, I've seen the same thing. It's disappointing really.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top