Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Dang prices are low!

Reactions
Hey guys, I just wanted to share some recent experiences I've had when visiting some local gunshops. It seems the prices are at or near rock bottom on some of the rifles I really like and use. I'll give some examples of some rifles I've seen in the last 2 weeks.

1. Stainless Tikka CTR 308w with 20" barrel: $599.99 (like new condition)
2. Winchester model 70 XTR Featherweight 243 winchester. Made in 1981 (first year XTR fwt): $399.99
3. Old model Savage Predator 22-250: $289.00
4. Tikka superlite 30-06: $500.00
5. Pre 64 model 70 30-06 featherweight (made in '58): $475.00!!!

Well, needless to say I bought a couple of these rifles and will probably end up buying the pre 64 tomorrow. Just can't pass up that smoking hot deal on a classic rifle. The only reason I did not buy it today was because I ended up buying a Beretta 303 Trap with 32" ported barrel and adjustable comb with nice wood and in great condition for $360.00..... Have you guys noticed the same thing with prices lately?

OP
bsa1917hunter
Reactions
Buy em cheap, rack them deep..... and give as many gifts to family as they’ll take!
Isn't that the truth!! Lately I think, dang my nephew or niece would like that. I'm buying it and I'm going to take them hunting. Too bad they live in Nevada!!!:(

OP
bsa1917hunter
Reactions
Holly Molly on the Beretta 303!
You know flashpan, I was thinking the same thing. I used to shoot competitively and my partner uses a 303 trap and just tears up the birds with it. When I saw the 303 at the LGS, I knew exactly what it was. When she pulled it out of the rack, my jaw dropped, becasue then I could see the price tag and adjustable comb. I should get a pic for you guys to check it out. My buddy says it's a $850.00+ shotgun all day long... Generally I don't side step a pre 64 for a shotgun, but I made an exception yesterday... I think I'll head out here in a bit and get the pre 64 though... It's one of those deals where I'll be kicking myself, IF I don't buy it...

OP
bsa1917hunter
Reactions
Yeah, she's a good shooter. I busted some birds with it friday night. I also shot this one today:
ekRBsfd.jpg

LDPgGg3.jpg

5YcMUie.jpg

j9tjrtn.jpg

Metal and bluing are in pretty good condition. Has both front and rear sight and no extra holes. All good things to look for in a pre 64. However, the stock is not original. That does take away a lot from the collector value. This one is a great shooter though.

Reactions
I’ve seen some great deals on really nice vintage bolt action hunting rifles in recent years too.

I think it has to do with less people hunting, and the fact that everyone is into ARs and such nowadays. I’ve met a lot of people, especially younger guys, who look down on classic hunting rifles with disdain. They see them as obsolete junk, no respect. That, and the availability of really cheap modern bolt actions.

If I didn’t have too many already, and had any interest in hunting, I’d be buying them up.

OP
bsa1917hunter
Reactions
I’ve seen some great deals on really nice vintage bolt action hunting rifles in recent years too.

I think it has to do with less people hunting, and the fact that everyone is into ARs and such nowadays. I’ve met a lot of people, especially younger guys, who look down on classic hunting rifles with disdain. They see them as obsolete junk, no respect. That, and the availability of really cheap modern bolt actions.

If I didn’t have too many already, and had any interest in hunting, I’d be buying them up.
Yeah, I've seen the same thing. It's disappointing really.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY