JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I wake up yesterday morning, just like any other day. Have coffee, eat breakfast, kiss the wife on the cheek and walk out the door. Just like any other day. I get to the curb where my little work truck is parked waiting for me, but not just like any other day.

I notice the muffler hanging down and immediately think, "Humph, the muffler fell off? That's weird. You think you would have noticed that." (one too many happy hour specials?) I get closer and there sits the two bolts and the gasket that used to connect my catalytic converter to the rest of the truck. It's been parking there for two years, with narry a scratch inflicted.

Quick and simple, lickedy-split. Gone. Now I gotta spend my day fixing it while some junkie gets his fix. I hope he/she chokes on their pipe.

August 2 is right around the corner. Can't wait to see what sprouts legs when China comes to reposes us.

Rant-over.

So, I wake up yesterday morning, just like any other day. Have coffee, eat breakfast, kiss the wife on the cheek and walk out the door. Just like any other day. I get to the curb where my little work truck is parked waiting for me, but not just like any other day.

I notice the muffler hanging down and immediately think, "Humph, the muffler fell off? That's weird. You think you would have noticed that." (one too many happy hour specials?) I get closer and there sits the two bolts and the gasket that used to connect my catalytic converter to the rest of the truck. It's been parking there for two years, with narry a scratch inflicted.

Quick and simple, lickedy-split. Gone. Now I gotta spend my day fixing it while some junkie gets his fix. I hope he/she chokes on their pipe.

August 2 is right around the corner. Can't wait to see what sprouts legs when China comes to reposes us.

Rant-over.

Simple fix for next time? A spot weld on each bolt. Not to say it won't completely deter a tweaker, but it will slow them down...perhaps long enough to hear whats going on.

Or just delete the cat altogether, since they are about useless.

Deleted for now. But will need to make some decisions come deq time in a year and a half. Sounds wicked ghetto right now.

As far as deterent, well I has thinking maybe hooking a grenade to the one on my other rig. Might loose the truck, but tweaker go boom.

At some point the scrap metal guys need to just stop paying the junkies for their bounty.

Deleted for now. But will need to make some decisions come deq time in a year and a half. Sounds wicked ghetto right now.

As far as deterent, well I has thinking maybe hooking a grenade to the one on my other rig. Might loose the truck, but tweaker go boom.

At some point the scrap metal guys need to just stop paying the junkies for their bounty.

Or maybe just start paying us a bounty for the junkies??!!:gun21:

Yep. She did a Hendrix/Joplin. Sadly, she didn't have the talent of either.

I though it was because Kieth Richards wanted his look back?

article-1054873-02A289AD00000578-218_468x665.jpg

You don't by any chance own a toyota do you? If you have comprehensive coverage you can turn it into your insurance if you want and like redcap stated, a spot weld will help deter the next loser who comes along. I know Schwab's is pretty fair priced and they will spot weld it for you.

And speaking of catalytic converter theft, find out where it is and park with that side up tight against the curb, to make it much harder for a theif to get to---maybe they will pass on by..........................elsullo

This happened to a friends Toyota. He went in home depot and came out 11 minutes later and someone had stole his converter. Dam thiefs didn't even wait for the truck to cool down!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason tweekers steal the catalytic convertors is for the platinum isn't it?

Who's buying the platinum?

That's just it. You cut off the source or you cut off the market and you cut out the crime. Funny thing here is that when I get pinched for running a straight pipe, I will have to pay a fine and replace the converter. Meanwhile, the junkies close In for another hit.

Wonder if I can be certified as a medical methamphedamine clinic. I'll run a special on Toyota converter trade in. Just a thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason tweekers steal the catalytic convertors is for the platinum isn't it?

Who's buying the platinum?

Scrap yards buy them. Although lately, they have been really cracking down on buying scrap. I had pile of aluminum that I took in a month ago and they would not give me cash. Had to mail me a check to a certified address only. Po boxes are a nogo unless it is on your drivers license.

Scrap yards buy them. Although lately, they have been really cracking down on buying scrap. I had pile of aluminum that I took in a month ago and they would not give me cash. Had to mail me a check to a certified address only. Po boxes are a nogo unless it is on your drivers license.

Yep. That law was passed a year or so ago. It would have been nice if the industry had policed itself, but there were too many scrap dealers out there that didn't care if they were dealing with thieves.

The whole scrap thing has gotten way out of hand. I remember about 2 months ago watching the news about a guy went to try to scrap 150 or 250 storm grates. He drove around Portland and stole the storm grates from the city streets. Luckly they scrap yard realized it wasn't legit and called the police. But seriousally, storm grates? How stupid do you have to be?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top