Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Wesson Heritage

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by duginsky, May 19, 2011.

1. duginsky

duginsky Tualatin Active Member

Gone

2. jamanrr

jamanrr cabot,ar New Member

How about a two tone practical BHP worked over by Novak's with a fiber optic front site and an adjustable browning rear?

3. Partsproduction

Partsproduction Tillamook Oregon Active Member

I know I should know this from the serial number, but what year is this?

4. duginsky

Sounds nice though it appears that you are in Arkansas and I am only doing FTF in Oregon.

The shell casing from the factory is dated 6/2010. I purchased the pistol new this year (2011) in February or March.

5. Partsproduction

I have a high power, nice gun, 1961, refinished by FN. Do you know if the gun has the forged frame or cast? I can't recall whether it was 2010 or 11 that they changed to forged, all the DW's I have now are cast.

6. duginsky

I believe it was 2010 that they changed to forged frames. PM any pics you may have of the BHP; presume it is the internal extractor? Has it been modded to feed hollow points?

7. Partsproduction

It hasn't been modified, although I removed the obnoxious mag disconnect, I can put it back if you like. The trigger is 5.2 pounds, it's a Buenos Aires police HP, the original grips are gone, it has gorgeous wood grips and some aftermarket hard rubber grips. The trigger/sear pivot bar pin is the old style with serrations running through an oval insert, no roll pin as in later ones. BHP002.jpg BHP001.jpg

BHP002.jpg

BHP001.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.