Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Dan Wesson CTG disassembly

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rpatton, Nov 12, 2010.

1. rpatton

rpatton Graham WA Member

Hi all,

Picked up a Dan Wesson CTG this last year, wasn't functioning smoothly when I got it so started taking it apart to see if I could spot the problem. Ran into some difficulty in the final stage of disassembly, there seems to be a set screw or roll pin that I need to remove to get the extractor out of the cylinder. I have already gone down to a .050 hex (allen) wrench and that doesn't seem to be small enough but it also does not make sense for this to be a roll pin (to me anyway) Here is a photo (sorry about the fuzzyness, trying to hold the extractor out agains spring tension and single handedly operate a camera phone in the other.
    IMG_20101112_115909.jpg

Would like to figure this out without taking it to a gunsmith if anyone has any ideas,
    Thanks.
    Ron Patton

2. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

call dan Wesson, they will help

3. rpatton

rpatton Graham WA Member

Didn't find the number till after closing on Friday (3:30 EST) so I e-mailed, got an answer today, looks to be a factory assembly only part that's going to cost around $150 labor, shipping and parts.