JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just found out that the Dan Wesson CBOB is discontinued as of 2010 along with the majority of their line up from last year. This makes no sense to me and I'm quite unhappy because I've been saving to buy a CBOB in the near future. Does anyone know somewhere that has one in stock still? I think if I was able to find one I could probably scrape together the cash to get one while I still can.

I don't agree that CZ did anything other than continue making high quality production guns. That they have discontinued some of the lineup is dissappointing. The new line up promises to be higher in quality but at a considerably higher price.

Mines not for sale either.:D

Will

The new line up promises to be higher in quality but at a considerably higher price.

Exactly. They had a great quality product for a great price. They seem to have made the decision to jump into a tier positioned between the likes of Kimber and the top quality custom guns like Ed Brown or Les Baer. We'll see if it works for them. I just think they could have really owned the high end production 1911 market. We'll see if they maintain their market segment share with the new lineup, but it may be their strategy to sacrifice some volume for more profit.

Well they have always discontinued and brought back other models, it helps keep the demand up.

And the prices have steadily been going up. When I first started looking at Razorbacks in 10mm, they were around $780, when I finally got around to buying one it was in the upper $800s, now look at the price.

And for reference, I bought my CBOB brand new for $899 in jan 09 :D

[ ...I just think they could have really owned the high end production 1911 market....

They already did. Who else made a gun in the $1k-1200 mark that was of the same caliber in quality as Dan Wesson? Nobody.

FWIW, the CBOB is somewhat discontinued... it will still be produced, along with the stainless PM 7 to satisfy the California market, but you can bet that many of them will be available on Gunbroker. Also, if you want a bobtail, it will be available in the form of a Commander length Valor... in either stainless or black!:)

....also my CBOB is not for sale.:D

Here is the 2010 ValorBOB at SHOT Show
2010shotshow-01212010-23.jpg

They already did. Who else made a gun in the $1k-1200 mark that was of the same caliber in quality as Dan Wesson? Nobody.

FWIW, the CBOB is somewhat discontinued... it will still be produced, along with the stainless PM 7 to satisfy the California market, but you can bet that many of them will be available on Gunbroker. Also, if you want a bobtail, it will be available in the form of a Commander length Valor... in either stainless or black!:)

....also my CBOB is not for sale.:D

Here is the 2010 ValorBOB at SHOT Show
2010shotshow-01212010-23.jpg

YESSSSS! BLACK VBOB!!!! Now that's an addition worth saving for!

Will

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads