JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The CBOB is one of my favorite 1911s of all time, super accurate, the fit and finish is on par with $1500+ guns, the only downside is that since its all steel is not as light as it can be, which is what the CCO makes up for.

cbob;
043.jpg

Slide fit;
059.jpg

CBOB & RZ-45;
046.jpg

Only one word can do justice to the Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail (especially in 10mm)...super-amaza-fantasi-rific-duper."

Here is mine(shown with my Colt Officers Model) with it custom grips by Sarge43 on TFL.

Customgrips.jpg

Thanks for that. Those photos are friggin nice and only push me closer to it. I should state that I wanted to use it as a carry gun. Have you every carried it Mr. Penguin?

Thanks for that. Those photos are friggin nice and only push me closer to it. I should state that I wanted to use it as a carry gun. Have you every carried it Mr. Penguin?

The better question is, have you ever shot your ice machine with it Mr. Penguin?

The best way to fall for one is to go shoot one at a range.

Just once, but it carried very easily. The bobtail does make a difference and the gun is nice and thin...especially after I put the slim profile grips shown on it. It is awful nice for a carry gun though...but it is all stainless so if you ding it up a bit it can be made to look brand new pretty easily.

I would probably go as far as saying it is the nicest 1911 I own...and I own more than a few of them. It is pretty much a custom level gun at a production level price. :)

Just once, but it carried very easily. The bobtail does make a difference and the gun is nice and thin...especially after I put the slim profile grips shown on it. It is awful nice for a carry gun though...but it is all stainless so if you ding it up a bit it can be made to look brand new pretty easily.

I would probably go as far as saying it is the nicest 1911 I own...and I own more than a few of them. It is pretty much a custom level gun at a production level price. :)

Yes!! The price for what I get defff caught my eye the most/show your gun thread. HAHA, like i always say to myself in my head, "Delta force carries 1911for a damn good reason.":)

I carry mine daily.. It is..as mentioned..not as lightweight as an alloy frame..but in my Crossbreed Qwik Clip..I tend to forget about it.. It's one of the best 1911's I've ever owned.. Fit..finish..accuracy..all A+ Of course..like almost everything I own..if the right trade came along....lol

Those all look simply awesome!!!

It's been 22 weeks and I am still waiting for my CCO from Fusion that was only going to take 16 weeks.... :(

I am clinging on to the old saying "Good things come to those who wait"

When I got mine, I soon sold my P12 that I had been carrying for 'bout 15 years. I really liked that gun, but I LOVE the Wesson. Shoots very well, even at long distance (100 yards). Has great sites, looks awesome, is fit together very well, has a great trigger and I don't even notice it when I strap it on. I use a paddle style holster.

I'll sum it up. I have 2 Colts both very nice guns. I used to always carry my .41 mag when in the woods. Now nothing else leaves the safe. It's the CBOB daily. Every day, anywhere.

You will not be disappointed.

I have to agree with the posts here. Mine looks the one in Physicsguy pics. I agree with the assessment of quality. I also don't cc mine much since it is heavier than several of my other 1911's but I'm not a big guy which makes a difference for CC.

I'll dissent slightly on this - I have one & it has a few problems. It has developed some peening on the slide stop & has had a few failures to lock back on the last shot. I understand the slide stop peening can happen on any gun, but doesn't happen on many (most?) of them. Mostly a cosmetic issue, but it doesn't make me happy. (especially for a gun in this price range) The failure to lock may be attributed to a (factory) magazine problem - I haven't had a chance to re-evaluate this yet.

Plus sides: feel in the hand w/ the bobtail is very nice; slide-to-frame tolerance is excellent; pretty accurate (more so than I am); looks great.

Thanks to everyone that had input on here. I really do appreciate it. Doupletap, do you use the quick clip most of the time with that gun?

Yes.. I've gone pretty much exclusively Crossbreed.. Can't find anything better.. I carry it daily..on the job..and we have a "business casual" dress code.. Nobody has ever noticed it..:s0114:

Nice pics of a couple of CBOB's. Mine should be here Monday or Tuesday to join it's little brother, the CCO, and I'm like a kid waiting to open my presents on Christmas morning.

The last of the 2009 production have been pretty hard to find for months; apparently they are selling faster than they can make them. Rumors abound of big price increases for 2010. Getting pretty close to the price of a custom Fusion, but without the long wait, if Andy's is typical.

It has developed some peening on the slide stop

In the slide stop notch? Is it at the front or the back? There are solutions to this problem. Logman in the 1911 forum discussed altering the slide stop catch so it only makes contact deeper in the notch, so simple that it bothered me that I hadn't thought of it. (Even though I'm simple minded :eek:)
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=245725&highlight=peening

One related matter, on 1911's that have strong mag springs so that you can't drop the slide on an empty mag because of the pressure (I'm not advocating dropping a slide on an empty chamber) there is a hint that the slide stop may have excessive upward pressure into the notch. That extra pressure does the peening more than a mag with a lighter spring will. My DW's are both that way, and even with the new Checkmate mags I bought.

& has had a few failures to lock back on the last shot.

Mine did that too. I hammered the tab out a bit on the follower. Took it apart and held the tab flat on a vise jaw and hammered a drive punch against the flat close to the edge, it moved the steel out enough to catch the slide stop. I did that to both mags.

I'll dissent slightly on this - I have one & it has a few problems. It has developed some peening on the slide stop & has had a few failures to lock back on the last shot. I understand the slide stop peening can happen on any gun, but doesn't happen on many (most?) of them. Mostly a cosmetic issue, but it doesn't make me happy. (especially for a gun in this price range) The failure to lock may be attributed to a (factory) magazine problem - I haven't had a chance to re-evaluate this yet.

Plus sides: feel in the hand w/ the bobtail is very nice; slide-to-frame tolerance is excellent; pretty accurate (more so than I am); looks great.

I'll make a qualified second on this post. The first CBOB I bought got sent back to the factory after less than two full mags thru it. Without going thru all the bloody details, it had a catastrophic failure when I first bought it, but CZ took care of it immediately and replaced the pistol with a brand new one at my request even though their warranty gave them the repair or replace option.

The CBOB that I have now is the one they replaced it with and has been flawless. :s0155: