JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just sold 2 of my 1911's in hopes of getting a higher quality 1911. I have been looking at the dan wesson 1911 and like what I see. Has anybody had any issues with these guns? I searched and didnt come up with any problems on them so thats a good thing. I know that alot of people prefer the colts and springfields but everybody I know has those so Im wanting to be a little different.

wichaka, I know your gonna post on this thread and as always, your experience is greatly appreciated. :)

I have owned two a RZ10 10mm and a RZ45 both where fantastic weapons and I regret selling them both. It is hard to find a better built 1911 for the money.

IMO of course

I've had 3, a RZ-10, RZ-45, and CBOB, all have functioned flawlessly out of the box. One of the few brands that have never had more than one or two failures during break in. I just wish that I still have the RZ-10 :(

Dan Wessons and Fusions are my favorite 1911's. Beautiful and well-built. For the Dan Wesson, get the new CCO if you can find one. Or have Bob at Fusion custom build you something. Or do both. :D

I second what swampertwo, and Kenoc said. The new Dan Wesson, is owned by CZ. I like CZ, so not saying anything bad about them. Previous to CZ takeover, Dan Wesson 1911 were top notch, hand assembled, very nice 1911s. I've bought from Fusion, Bob Serva, and all his guns are custom, high quality 1911s. Check out his website, also check out his Gunbroker.com auctions, his handle is ( rserva ). Also don't get stuck on Dan Wesson 1911. They are nice. Usually in the $900 to $1100 range. For the same amount, you could get an early, Clakamas Or Kimber. A custom Colt. A Fusion..... A Springer, ect, ect. Lots of mfgs will use parts from the same source. I've only heard good things about Dan Wesson 1911's.

I second what swampertwo, and Kenoc said. The new Dan Wesson, is owned by CZ. I like CZ, so not saying anything bad about them. Previous to CZ takeover, Dan Wesson 1911 were top notch, hand assembled, very nice 1911s. I've bought from Fusion, Bob Serva, and all his guns are custom, high quality 1911s. Check out his website, also check out his Gunbroker.com auctions, his handle is ( rserva ). Also don't get stuck on Dan Wesson 1911. They are nice. Usually in the $900 to $1100 range. For the same amount, you could get an early, Clakamas Or Kimber. A custom Colt. A Fusion..... A Springer, ect, ect. Lots of mfgs will use parts from the same source. I've only heard good things about Dan Wesson 1911's.

Ive looked at quite a few of them and read up on alot of the 1911's. The kimbers, they are very nice but, Im not really too impressed with. The fusions, well, now that is a nice 1911! The colts are good quality (i know, thats why alot of people own them) but im just wanting too be different.

My current 1911's were a llama and a thompson. The llama was a good firearm that I never had a problem with even though they are a "bottom of the barrel gun". I loved that gun. The thompson, well, after fixing it Im glad I dont have it anymore.

Ive looked at the RIA 1911's. They look like a good gun but from what I read they use poor metal. Thats why Im looking at a dan wessons.

I have a Dan Wesson CBOB I acquired lightly used. It has a tight chamber and won't lock up on lead bullet handloads, but works flawlessly with everything else I've fed it, steel case and brass. The fit and finish is very good and on par with my older Colts. It's accurate, too. I'm very pleased with it. I'd recommend one.

I have a Dan Wesson CBOB I acquired lightly used. It has a tight chamber and won't lock up on lead bullet handloads, but works flawlessly with everything else I've fed it, steel case and brass. The fit and finish is very good and on par with my older Colts. It's accurate, too. I'm very pleased with it. I'd recommend one.

Try better sized bullets, all of mine chambered lead fine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top