JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Best small town sporting goods store I have ever found even if I'm bias because I can walk there. Seriously if anybody comes down to Sweet Home stopn and check it out you won't be disapointed.

J.P.

Jack got some primers in and was very helpful/patient with me as I hummed and hawed about how many to get (he had CCI and Federal and I have only ever used Winchester). He put 2000 CCI SRs and 1000 CCI LPs away for me and I took a drive down to Sweet Home to pick them up Saturday. Then I decided at the last minute to switch the 1000 CCI LPs for Federal - no problem! I even got to pick up some JHPs in 9mm and .45ACP! No doubt about it, this is a great small-town store that I'll be going to again because of how well I was treated. :s0155:

Never having met me, Jack held two cans of IMR 4064 for me. There was a couple weeks lag time between when I contacted him and when I could actually pick them up. When I got to the store, there were several cans of 4064 on the shelf, but when I told the woman at the counter they were being held for me, she went in the back and got the ones that had been set aside. Nice to know they really were holding some for me. I also picked up a can of 3031, all at the same price I was paying a year or two ago.

Drove over from central Oregon today and conducted some good business and meet Jack.
He's got a great store there in Sweet Home.

BTW, I'm new to this form and need to figure out how to leave Jack a great rating, so any help is appreciated.

thanks,
otoe

oooops! I figured it out, much easier than I thought.

Haven't met Jack in person, but messaged him through the forums here. Helped me get a RRA LPK to finish up a project I've been sitting on for a long time. Great guy, got it out the same day I made payment. Showed up in my mailbox the next day.

Definitely give this guy lots of praise. One of the great retailers here in my opinion. :tu

Jack and I have traded some emails and a phone call about a deal in progress, and he's currently holding the gun in question for me. When I told him that I'd be happy to secure it with a credit card, he shook it off and indicated that my word was good enough. We need more guys like this and more shops like this -- first-rate all the way.

Completed the deal with Jack on Friday and enjoyed visiting with him and his wife and seeing their ship. It was as good a gun transaction as I've ever had; thanks, Jack. Hope to see you again soon.

Just completed another easy transaction with Jack. He was able to find me a gun that no one else could locate, at least easily, and he held it for me for a couple of days until I could make the trip to Sweet Home to collect it; he also sold it to me at an excellent price. Jack is a great guy, indeed.

I voted "Poor" and here's why:

I saw in the supporting-vendors section the thread for Springfield pistols. The initial post shows a list of 1911's and XD's,most already claimed,but then on the third page he says he has some new stock. Looks like some good deals,so I call this morning and ask "Alicia" if the shop is open today.She says,yes we are open till 6PM. I drive all the way out there from Molalla(about 1 1/2 hrs each way) and am told that "Jack is gone to Nevada" and neither of the clerks know how to process a firearm sale. I guess I needed to ask specifically if they were capable of conducting business during their normal business hours,but it just didn't occur to me at the time. What a waste of time and gas!!!

I voted "Poor" and here's why:

I saw in the supporting-vendors section the thread for Springfield pistols. The initial post shows a list of 1911's and XD's,most already claimed,but then on the third page he says he has some new stock. Looks like some good deals,so I call this morning and ask "Alicia" if the shop is open today.She says,yes we are open till 6PM. I drive all the way out there from Molalla(about 1 1/2 hrs each way) and am told that "Jack is gone to Nevada" and neither of the clerks know how to process a firearm sale. I guess I needed to ask specifically if they were capable of conducting business during their normal business hours,but it just didn't occur to me at the time. What a waste of time and gas!!!

I wish you had asked if the gun you wanted was still in stock and that someone would be there to sell it to you. As you saw, it's a country hardware store.

Jack's the best and has done me all kinds of favors. :s0155:

i was over on the wet side a couple of months ago-making a tradeout-i made a point to stop in and, meet jack-:s0155: very warm atmosphere--if your just looken around ,what a great place to do it-prices seemed quit reasonable and,some items were a lot less then average--as the arnold would say --I'LL BE BACK !! :cool:
steven

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.