JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A 23yo social media influencer calling a Decorated Navy Seal Veteran a coward is somewhat amusing.
I think she should go through a couple days of Hell Week and see how she feels.

Either way does she have a point? Kinda.

It's no different than what happened here. No wants to get facts, they just here a triggering word and get bent out of shape because their frail feelings get hurt.
But she's no different than the SJW and their social media blasts for likes.

I've watched her videos on youtube.
She's usually not very well spoken. Luckily she usually has someone else with her who can make a decent argument.
The only reason she's half way relevant is because of her looks.

She is relevant for challenging the Ohio ban on student carry
kaitlinbennettjpg-342af70c843c759b.jpg

I understand and appreciate he is a servant to the people, but unless he is showing, two thumbs down, he proves a politician is going to politic. I need to hear him explain to this women why their right to chose is important and to respect others that chose different than themselves.

It's sad that it took a relatively short time for him to break. This from a guy who was water boarded in training (from what I understand about SEAL training). I know a few "operators" from various acquaintances, and a surprising percentage believe ARs are not for the general public, regardless of what youtube says.

...and red flag laws could be effective...

You guys are just against any and all laws.

This has been the ongoing issue with the fight and anger of us VS them.
Neither side can use common sense to do anything.

Red Flag laws are only effective at restricting liberty. If a gosh darn crime is commited, you should be arrested, charged, allowed to face your accuser in court, and innocent until proven guilty with a preponderance of evidence. Conspiracy to commit a crime is still a crime. I'm not against ALL laws, and thanks for using your broad brush to paint those disagreeing with you. I am not even 100 percent sure that muzzle was directed my way, but it was definitely aimed at someone.

As for common sense, it isn't very common, and under examination it usually makes NO sense.

Ok easy, I didn't mean for any one to get "triggered"
This is the problem with the state of our politics and country. Everyone loves to make knee jerk reactions off emotion only.
This country and the politicians can't have civil conversations like mature adults, they cry foul of hurt feelings then crawl back into their safe spaces...

Maybe before some of you start crying, try being more open and watch the video...

You say you didn't intend to trigger any emotional reactions, then reacted emotionally, and in my opinion, a little rudely. Sorry, not-sorry? This happens again later:

It's no different than what happened here. No wants to get facts, they just here a triggering word and get bent out of shape because their frail feelings get hurt.

I only speak for myself, and will summarize my issues. To me, that Mr. Crenshaw earned his place as a Navy SEAL is not an issue. That he is decorated and earned those medals is not an issue. However, he did not run for Best SEAL ever. He is an elected politician and has to earn respect in THAT position all over again. And that is harder to do than earning a SEAL commission, and can do far more strategic damage to the lives of tens of millions and their future generations than FUBARing a mission. He is already going down that road, and he was just elected in 2018.

As relevant as a Kardashian

I don't live in Texas. I didn't vote for him or against him. He isn't running for a seat or position I have a say in, and he could just ignore anything I requested of him in his current position. As a result, I have no reason to listen to what he says until that relationship changes. So, yeah. To me, he is as relevant as a Kardasian. :rolleyes:

I've watched her videos on youtube.
She's usually not very well spoken. Luckily she usually has someone else with her who can make a decent argument.
The only reason she's half way relevant is because of her looks.

I would say being well spoken is not and should not be a requirement to put your message out (Obviously, I would say that). I'll take her youthful, somewhat naïve videos any day of the week over 99% of what "counter protesters" are saying. From my own eyes and ears I saw and heard Dan Crenshaw say people were triggered when he said Red Flag laws were worth having a conversation about then walk it back to his idea of RFL are different than what everyone thinks. Uh, then call it something else, Dan.

Well Dan just means only 'common sense' red flag laws should be considered...uh-huh, sure Dan...(once a person becomes a politician they change and not for the better...ego boosted by power is a powerful corrupter)

At this point, many of our so-called Conservative politicians are ruminating how many votes they'll lose if they don't sound conciliatory regarding rfl's. (or how much power they'll lose if they don't cave as in: Fear of losing their next election bid - see Peter King among others) and will stop to publicly scratch their chins in serious (read fake) contemplation, because, hey now, these red flag law ideas probably, maybe, could be, just be good 'common sense'.

Open threats ARE breaking the law. Enforce that and stay the hell away from our guns.

And thank you for our service, Dan. (I doubt he'll read it - my point is honest men can disagree - He served our country more than I)
Served our country, or served the military/industrial complex? *Perhapse* the GIs who went into Afghanistan in the early days after September 11th ( Like Pat Tilman and his brother) were serving our country. But "service" in baby bush's Iraq war, and/or service to keep US forces in Afghanistan endlessly, is not service to We, The People.

Served our country, or served the military/industrial complex? *Perhapse* the GIs who went into Afghanistan in the early days after September 11th ( Like Pat Tilman and his brother) were serving our country. But "service" in baby bush's Iraq war, and/or service to keep US forces in Afghanistan endlessly, is not service to We, The People.

Yeah, everyone should have just quit. :s0154:

Any "law" which restricts a citizen's right to keep and bear arms, is an infringement, is repugnant to the Constitution, and is therefore null and void.* Any law *. NFA, GCA, FOPA, etc. are unConstitutional.
Every time I hear of a murder using a firearm, mass shooting or otherwise, my first thought is "Where did he get the gun?". Second, how did he "fall through the cracks"? In other words, why wasn't someone able to stop him ahead of time? The simple answer is, it's a dangerous world, always will be, and all violence can never be prevented. The less-simple answer is, the mental health care apparatus is far from perfect. Ideally, a teacher or supervisor or family member or someone, would think "this person is an immanent (sp?) threat and must be restrained". But the definition of "threat" varies from person to person. To rabid anti-gunners, the mere possession of a firearm is a threat. The focus of threat-detection must be taken off of firearms, and redirected onto immanent potential for harm, regardless of the suspect's choice of weapon(s).
Because we have a Second Amendment, and because we are supposed to be free men and women, the "answer" to the firearm-related murder problem/pandemic CANNOT be "gun control". We sheepdogs aka good people cannot/must not be held accountable/punished for the crimes of others. Unfortunately, many sheeple can't get their heads around the concept of "Shall not be infringed". I liken the situation to the fable of The King's New Clothes. People actively refuse to acknowledge the plain and simple meaning/wording of 2A, just as the king and his subjects refused to acknowledge the plain and simple fact that they had been duped.
There is a very limited area where restraining orders are justified, but there are conflicting opinions on what that "limited area" is. Sadly, after shootings, we are often made aware of missed warning signs aka "red flags". I imagine that for every shooting that occurs, a score of others are prevented by someone seeing and saying something. But the media doesn't usually report on shootings that were prevented.
I think I've flogged this dead horse enough lol.

My problem with the whole ERPO/Red Flag stuff is we already have criteria to involuntarily commit those in crisis and we already have laws that people can break to get them arrested. There is already a process from that point to determine guilt or the need to go into long-term in-patient care.

Why don't we just use those criteria and afford people due process like we always have?

Last Edited:
Yeah, everyone should have just quit. :s0154:
If you don't like my example, then think about WW2 German soldiers "just following orders". Or Vietnam war protesters and "draft-dodgers". If more Wermacht soldiers would have refused to follow homicidal/criminal orders or to quote you "just quit", then perhaps the slaughter would have ended sooner. Claus Von Stauffenburg is a good example. Or if less people would have questioned/protested the Vietnam conflict, that madness would have gone on longer. Most of the Afghanistan "expedition" and all of Iraq part 2, are no different than Vietnam; lives and resources being wasted.

My problem with the whole ERPO/Red Flag stuff is we already have criteria to involuntarily commit those in crisis and we already have laws that people can break to fet them arrested. There is already a process from that point to determine guilt or the need to go into long-term in-patient care.

Why don't we just use those criteria and afford people due process like we always have?

I have been saying that in person, on the telephone and online for some time.

Cate

If you don't like my example, then think about WW2 German soldiers "just following orders". Or Vietnam war protesters and "draft-dodgers". If more Wermacht soldiers would have refused to follow homicidal/criminal orders or to quote you "just quit", then perhaps the slaughter would have ended sooner. Claus Von Stauffenburg is a good example. Or if less people would have questioned/protested the Vietnam conflict, that madness would have gone on longer. Most of the Afghanistan "expedition" and all of Iraq part 2, are no different than Vietnam; lives and resources being wasted.

The laws of winners and losers bit the Nazis. If they had won, they would have written the history books and they would have come out smelling like roses. Of course, that was an all-out war between sovereign nations.

When it comes to undeclared military actions, questioning and debating is what gets people killed. Ok, so you've decided its time to fight. Then GO FIGHT AND WIN. Its the hee-ing and haw-ing and tap dancing around a war that gets people killed needlessly.

WWII lasted 4 years for the US and we did what was needed to win. Everything else droned on because no one was willing to make the hard choice.

War is the final step in geo-politics when diplomacy has failed, yet you still want your way. Its not about morality, its strictly business.

The laws of winners and losers bit the Nazis. If they had won, they would have written the history books and they would have come out smelling like roses. Of course, that was an all-out war between sovereign nations.

When it comes to undeclared military actions, questioning and debating is what gets people killed. Ok, so you've decided its time to fight. Then GO FIGHT AND WIN. Its the hee-ing and haw-ing and tap dancing around a war that gets people killed needlessly.

WWII lasted 4 years for the US and we did what was needed to win. Everything else droned on because no one was willing to make the hard choice.

War is the final step in geo-politics when diplomacy has failed, yet you still want your way. Its not about morality, its strictly business.
VERY well said!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top