JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Not supposed to tell you this, but download and run uBlock.
The most robust adblocker (and it's free)....I don't see any of that stuff.

It's actually open-source "donation ware".
If you like it, you can donate to the project.

Honestly, I don't mind the regular ads - I've actually gotten some good deals off ads for Brownells and others here. It's just the script running on that video that's making things so difficult to do here (at least on my laptop).

I see the video add on the right side under the Monthly Donation Goal. The site is hanging, stalling and there are delays in typing posts. I am on Windows 10 and Google Chrome.

This is what it looks like with uBlock running.
In the upper right, you can see that uBlock is on and currently blocking 5 different ads.
uBlock 2.jpg

Nope, it's part of Chrome. I think it's called Fair Adblocker. Boy am I gonna be in trouble with the boss now. ;)

I am kind of old fashion and use Internet Explorer 11. You can disable the scripting by going to Tools/Internet options/Security/Custom Level and then disable scripting. I did get a message about java scripting being disabled, but the scripting ads are gone. I will let you know if I run into any problems.

I will re-enable it once the problem is solved. I know that the ads help pay for running the website, but it shuts down the website. I have noticed that the cute graphics that are seen when opening Google are gone. I buy computers with the minimum RAM and then add RAM later at less than half the cost. I am running an Intel i3 machine with 4 megs of RAM and have two slots left to bring it up to 8 megs.

I'm getting it too, reloading pages every other second and fully crashing my browser every 5-10 minutes.

After things dumping TWICE while I was working on a PM, I finally got pissed off, closed all tabs of NWFA, wrote my message in Notepad then came back and copy-pasted it to post.

THIS SH*T F***ING BLOWS!

I find the NWFA pages leaking memory until my browser just halts. I've tried Firefox and chrome, both load megabytes of memory. It's become unviewable. I can't hit the site from Windows anymore.

Now my Android chrome is still fine but I have smaller screen and one finger typing.

I haven't been on for awhile and when I did it was on my old craptop. I now have a new Chromebook and am actually having problems posting due to lag, because the page is constantly refreshing. I assume it is due to the ads since I have not had this problem on other sites.

I haven't been on for awhile and when I did it was on my old craptop. I now have a new Chromebook and am actually having problems posting due to lag, because the page is constantly refreshing. I assume it is due to the ads since I have not had this problem on other sites.

^ Can confirm. I access NWFA via Chrome on various devices, always running at least two adblockers (Adblock and Ghostery), and I am a Gold Supporter, so I'm seeing no ads nor have seen any slow down. However, when the Mrs complained of slow response time on her, literally, brand new kitchen Chromebook I now see the concern. It is so slow to be almost unusable.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top