Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Damn it, I want one...

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by MountainBear, Jan 29, 2010.

1. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I was as unhappy as anyone when the shrubmasters announced the painful MSRP of the new ACR. But after searching around at the price of the FN-SCAR and the Robinson XCR, I still want one. I expect this is probably what shrubmaster is relying on, so I must resist the urge...
    :(

2. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

BM has an industry forum section on AR15.com. If you read between the lines of their posts in the Q&A thread, the rifle is still a work in progress. They know people are unhappy with it. It's too heavy. It has the wrong barrel for military use. In response, they are promising many things, changes, and improvements down the road. The future ones will have a better barrel, be about a pound lighter (but they don't know how they'll achieve the reduction in weight), choice of colors and finishes, etc.

-It does not make sense to rush to buy a Beta version of the rifle for $3K. Wait and see how things shake out with it before buying it.

3. MountainBear

Like I said, I won't support shrubmaster at this price point. I just like the looks and potential of the rifle.

4. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Nein! Nein! Nein! Nein!

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

:laugh: +1

6. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Wait until the Bushmaster ACR comes out...those FN-SCARS and XCRs will lower. I was looking at FALs and such when the SOCOM 16s came out. Got me a JLD PTR-91 below $1K.

Just wait for the market a bit...especially with all these ACRs comming out here soon we should see some AR prices drop.

7. MountainBear

The problem is I like the looks of the ACR more than either the SCAR or the Robinson...

Oh well, I think my AR will continue to do everything I ask of it.

8. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

The ACR looks nice, but not worth the price. There is nothing on it really that makes it worth $2000 more then a regular AR. Although it might be collectible one day, as not many are going to be sold at $3000.

9. MountainBear

Agreed, that's why I'll stick with my AR. What were the quotes, Cougfan? Either I feel like kicking a baby or never trust a gun company that sounds like it should be selling rhododendrons...

10. Iceberg

Iceberg Forest Grove Active Member

I wanted a FN SCAR until I played with one last month at L&L Guns in Battleground. It felt really cheap; I was really expecting a less "airsoft" feeling weapon for $2.5K. Kieth's also had a Robinson Arms XCR a while back & I really didn't like the way it felt either. However, I did like Robinson's Stoner M96, too bad that that gun did work out for them. I am willing to take a look at the Magpol/Bushmaster "Masada" ACR when they become available.

Until then I'm saving for one of the new LMT 308s.

http://www.lewismachine.net/product.php?p=204&cid=12&session=217f488d8f939cb14bb9991c650b6dbf

11. kito109654

kito109654 Everett, WA Member

Love all these Hitler references. That video is hilarious. I'm gonna go watch it again. LOL