JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
3 dead in shooting at Vegas restaurant, Walmart
(update 5 dead including two police officers)
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/3-dead-in-shooting-at-vegas-restaurant-walmart

The spree began around 11:30 a.m. Sunday when a man and woman walked into CiCi's Pizza and shot two officers who were eating lunch, Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield said.

One of the suspects yelled, "This is a revolution," but the motive for the shooting remains under investigation, Hadfield said
he two suspects then fled to the Walmart across the street, where they fatally shot a person inside and then killed themselves in an apparent suicide pact, Hadfield said.
The condition of the two officers was not immediately known, he said, but an update would be provided later Sunday.

"I think in any case where people are ambushed and shot it's upsetting to the public," Hadfield told The Associated Press. "We don't know anything about the suspects yet and are trying to learn more."

Clark County Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill said at a news conference that the male suspect yelled "everyone get out" before shooting at Walmart. The man and woman then went to the back of the store.

The names of the suspects and victims and their cause of death will be released by the Clark County coroner's office.

Walmart employees and shoppers were taken to a nearby clothing store to be interviewed by police. The restaurant and Walmart remained closed as detectives processed evidence.

Walmart issued a statement saying it's working with police on the investigation.

"We express our deepest condolences to everyone who has been affected by this senseless act of violence," company spokesman Brooke Buchanan said.

... one of the suspects yelled the revolution has begun before firing on the officers in Cici's ... one officer returned fire, allegedly wounding one of the suspects; RIP to the fallen officers, sympathy for their families and condolences to their comrades.

Not confirmed but, allegedly, the two suspects further armed themselves, with the LEO's guns/ammo.
... the civilian fatality in Walmart was allegedly carrying concealed, wounded one of the suspects before becoming a fatality ...

... when the response teams arrived on scene, one suspect fatally shot the other, before turning a weapon on themselves ...

Bubblegum, I don't know if we should discuss/print acknowledge these deranged events ...

These are starting to feel too coincidental. No real motive, usually legally purchased firearms, almost always a suicide. Who wants to bet that they were using prescription meds for mental illness? Then of course we get the, "just one more gun law will save us!" Not normally a tin foil wearer but, at some point it starts to become the only logical answer.

A man and woman are the suspects, they maybe took the slain officers guns and ammo to continue the spree, allegedly said this is the beginning of a revolution.
The woman then shot the man then killed herself.

This sounds to me a little different than the usual happenings lately.

This bit is hard to find in most of the coverage, I wonder if he got a chance to draw and fire?

<broken link removed> "The attackers then ran across the parking lot to a nearby Walmart store, and the Review-Journal said they exchanged gunfire with and ultimately killed a civilian who was carrying a concealed weapon.
The civilian, who has not yet been identified, was found dead inside the front door."

60 minutes did a huge story about the mental illness side of mass shootings and how the lack of treatment for people is a HUGE part of the problem. I have also been hearing discussions on NPR and OPB on the same topics. Not blaming the gun but the lack of help for crazy people.

I see that as progress in our fight.

Good god, I drive down here to LA and look at what happens. Turned on the TV after checking in and BAM there's the sheriff doing his press conference....

And immediately following it. 4 wounded, 1 dead in a serial stabbing. Bet that one doesn't grab much for headlines.

Last Edited:
I'm thinking a copycat killers by a couple of drug-high drifters who just watched an Occupy documentary followed by bonnie and clyde?

It's still early to know exactly what happened. I read CCL, I read one of the cops got off a shot after his buddy took one in the back of the head.

What was that about "may you live in interesting times" being a curse? Oh yea...

Really gotta start to wonder what's going on when people are coming unglued like this. Yea I get the whole "propaganda of the deed" they were going for, but still that pretty much never works.

It strikes me that one of the things that goes largely unmentioned in all this, is these kinds of happenings are not new, in fact during the latter part of the 19th century terrorist attacks, bombings, shootings, political assassinations were a plague both in the US and in europe. Look at what started WW1, that was just the "big deal" we all read about because of our history books, and the slaughter that it caused.

One thing I'm not really sure the population is up to admitting yet, is that there are people out there who do crazy things, and then there are people who are actually crazy. Mental illness will explain some of this, but unfortunately it doesn't explain it all. It seems in this case, someone who wasn't crazy, or doing a crazy thing ended this "revolution" before it started because he was carrying a gun, he paid for it with his own life, but how many people did he save with his sacrifice? We will never know.

i think AM pounts out aomethng really important. In the times he mentions, there were so many various factions in play that a simple "why" is just a way to move on and forget the uncomfortable details. the radio mentioned that they were white power, btw. thoughts and prayers to the departed.

He Was at Cliven Bundy's Ranch During Bundy's Standoff With the Feds
http://heavy.com/news/2014/06/jerad-amanda-miller-las-vegas-police-shooting/

1. In His Last Facebook Post, He Wrote 'May All Our Coming Sacrifices Be Worth It'
jerad-amanda-miller.jpg?w=640&h=241
Miller's Facebook page is littered with ominous posts alluding to death. His last post, which went up a day before the shootings, read: "The dawn of a new day. May all of our coming sacrifices be worth it."
He also wrote the following in a post that went up June 2:
We can hope for peace. We must, however, prepare for war. We face an enemy that is not only well funded, but who believe they fight for freedom and justice. Those of us who know the truth and dare speak it, know that the enemy we face are indeed our brothers. Even though they share the same masters as we all do. They fail to recognize the chains that bind them. To stop this oppression, I fear, can only be accomplished with bloodshed. May the best men of our beloved nation stand and fight tyranny, without fear and without regret. May we stand proud as free men instead of kneeling as slaves. May we offer our children a free and just world with our blood, sweat and tears as payment. Let our wives and lovers take vengeance upon our enemies in our absence. We cannot fail in this endeavor of Liberty, if we do we risk leaving our orphaned children to the will of tyrants. We, cannot with good conscience leave this fight to our children, because the longer we wait, our enemies become better equipped and recruit more mercenaries of death, willing to do a tyrants bidding without question. I know you are fearful, as am I. We certainly stand before a great and powerful enemy. I, however would rather die fighting for freedom, than live on my knees as a slave. Let it be known to our children's children that free men stood fast before a tyrants wrath and were found victorious because we stood together. That we all cast aside our petty differences and united under the banner of Liberty and Truth. May future generations look back upon this time in history with awe and gratitude, for our courage to face tyranny, so that they could live happy and free.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top