JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I went and screwed up the anodizing in one of the rear takedown pin holes on a lower receiver (SAA) the other day. Fit was really tight with the upper, and I started to pound the pin through with a hammer, but it was just too tight, so I tapped it back out, and upon doing so realized that I had removed some anodizing from the top portion of the hole. Not all the way through through the hole, but about half way just on the top side.

I'm not worried about it from a cosmetic standpoint as it's invisible on an assembled rifle. My main question is will this be a durabilty issue, and if so is there anything I can do to repair it?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Thanks! this was an interesting thing because my other upper snaps into this lower no problem, and this upper snaps into my other lower no problem, but the tolerances of these two components just don't quite seem compatible. I think I'll get another upper and save this one for something else. I just wanted to make sure my takedown pin hole wasn't going to open up on me or anything.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top