JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Real gun control is in the heart"
Source: Dalai Lama says 'real gun control' comes from heart (http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Dalai-Lama-says-real-gun-control-comes-from-8313907.php)

"Real gun control must come from here," the Dalai Lama said, pointing at his heart.

Post this image on social media and irritate your anti-gun friends. LOL
BQ1J6jB.jpg

Happy Hump Day!

"Real gun control is in the heart"
Source: Dalai Lama says 'real gun control' comes from heart (http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Dalai-Lama-says-real-gun-control-comes-from-8313907.php)

Post this image on social media and irritate your anti-gun friends. LOL
View attachment 298871

Happy Hump Day!

What a bizarre concept: teaching moral values, and believing that a moral society will be a good society.

Sadly, his words of wisdom will no doubt be lost on the residents of San Francisco, where anything goes:

folsomStreet.jpg

Sounds like Dalai and Jesus are in agreement on this one point. But then again I've posted the same thing and I'm not a Wise Man or The Son of God....perhaps it is just common sense which appears to be lost and seems profound when stated by certain folk.

Much respect to him!:):cool:

I'd be a Buddhist if they allowed for killing in self Deffense.

I'd have to dig deep to find the quote. Back in '86 he gave a series of talks in Ann Arbor. In a follow up interview, he was asked about the Chinese invasion and occupation of Tibet. His answer touched on killing in self defense, that sometimes the the compassionate thing to do is to fight back, that your intent is to defend your own life when your aggressor is intent on taking it. Then there would be no ill karmic effects. (I'm probably mixing teachings here.)

What a bizarre concept: teaching moral values, and believing that a moral society will be a good society.
Sadly, his words of wisdom will no doubt be lost on the residents of San Francisco, where anything goes.

I wouldn't confuse fetishes with morality. Parading in a My Little Pony BDSM outfit declares to the world that you're strange, yes. Immoral? That depends on your integrity and what you do in the world.

A criminal defense law professor once said, "there are people you can trust with your life, your wife, your children, your pile of cash in the living room, and rarely are they the same person."
To me, the moral person is that one you can trust with all four.

[edit] to add "your life" in the quote above. Heard the quote sitting in a classroom at Willamette U back in 1991.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads