JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive had my concealed carry permit for two years and haven't carried more than ten times and i think that im having comfort issues in my carry set up. I carry a Glock 26 in a Glock sport holster and i find it to be too thick. Ive been thinking on getting a different carry weapon or at least a new holster to see if it helps. I wanted to get some opinions on weapons or holsters that other people have used or currently carry im open to suggestions

Ive had my concealed carry permit for two years and haven't carried more than ten times and i think that im having comfort issues in my carry set up. I carry a Glock 26 in a Glock sport holster and i find it to be too thick. Ive been thinking on getting a different carry weapon or at least a new holster to see if it helps. I wanted to get some opinions on weapons or holsters that other people have used or currently carry im open to suggestions

SuperTuck Deluxe

Are your comfort issues physical, mental, or both? I have always carried a full size pistol. First few years were Beretta 92's, and for the last couple years, XD 40 or 45. Switched to IWB a couple months before switching to the XD from the Berettas, and haven't looked back. Any mental issues I had with carrying have been gone for years, and my holster is physically very comfortable for me.
If you worry about someone detecting your carry piece, I suggest you conceal carry around people you know, and see if they notice that you're carrying. In 8 years of carrying, nobody has ever said anything to me or indicated that they noticed that I was carrying, even during the first few months before I got a CHL.

I want to say that the issue at hand is mostly physical although im a little uneasy when I carry. I think it is because im not comfortable with my rig. I was also wondering where do most of you carry? On the side,small of back ect.

I want to say that the issue at hand is mostly physical although im a little uneasy when I carry. I think it is because im not comfortable with my rig. I was also wondering where do most of you carry? On the side,small of back ect.

I carry at about 3:30 IWB. The more you carry the better it gets, especially after you realize that people don't see it. The couple people that know I carry have to ask me cuz they just don't see it.

I heartily recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. Mine is in horsehide and I carry small of the back IWB (which Crossbreed does not recommend). I carry the Taurus PT145 because I love the ergonmics and the capacity (and the price is nice).
You do have to make some wardrobe accomodations with any carry method I have found but once you get used to it you don't even notice it anymore. The SOB position I find to be the most comfortable but obviously if you slip and fall down having a large piece of metal by your tailbone is going to be a negative.
I do feel that carrying concealed is a sacred responsibility and I wish that more responsible gun owners would carry. Once you get a rig you like, and you may have to spend a little money to find something you are happy with, you can start carrying all the time and you'll get where you feel partially undressed if you don't have it with you.

I like this set-up very much... and the holster works well at 4:30 on occasions when I might prefer that. I use a Mister Softy with my G30, G23, G19, G26, and various 1911's. The holster is very simple and lean and feels like you're not wearing a holster at all. And with the clip design, I can put the holster on and off quickly and easily with gun within it whenever desired. Yes, I have a closet with a bunch of barely used holsters... that I had before I got onto Mister Softy.

G30_AIWB_0159.jpg

G30_AIWB_0162.jpg

Carrying a gun typically requires some adjustment to wardrobe. At a minimum, adjusting your carry method to accommodate your wardrobe.

I tell my students that a key to being comfortable when carrying a gun is a quality belt. Most people can not carry a gun on a crappy belt not designed to withstand the extra weight. Invest the $75-100 on a good belt and that will go a long way towards building a good foundation. I have two belts that I used for every day, work attire: a 1.25" and 1.5" black, double-cowhide belt. They look nice, and also effectively carry a gun.

If you typically wear your shirts out (untucked), using an outside-the-waistband (OWB) holster is a viable option, and for some, a very comfortable method of carry. To carry a Glock 26 or 19, I've used a Lou Alessi CQC and a High Noon Snapper for my OWB. High Noon Holsters

When I want to carry Inside the Waistband (IWB), which for me is the most comfortable method of carry, I choose the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe. SuperTuck Deluxe

The Minotaur MTAC Holster, which is very similar to the Super Tuck, is another holster many people swear by as being the most comfortable IWB holster. <broken link removed>

As you can tell, there are a number of experienced opinions and good options.

It took me less than six months to go from feeling funny when carrying to feeling funny when I wasn't carrying. Now it's second nature, and the only time I give it a thought is when I take it off to go to the PO.

For me the issue is the gun thickness, since I carry IWB both tucked and untucked. That's why I chose a Glock 36, in a Comp-Tac MTAC. There's nothing like that MTAC custom setup: Kydex molded to the G36 joined to a leather backer that has molded itself to my left hip.

If I wanted to get comfortable carrying, I might start with a much slimmer gun like a single-stack .380. Then most IWB holster choices would probably work. I still carry the wife's .380 sometimes, just because it's so discreet.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top