JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are getting younger and younger:(.

That's why you keep your guns locked up if you have kids in the house:rolleyes:.

Mine is almost 20 and not interested in guns but I still keep it on me or locked up,

One time at the pawn shop where I worked ...
I had two kids come in with Grandpa's rifle.... I was asked : "Can you fix it?
Long story short a cartridge had ruptured in the chamber and the kids tried using a hammer , screwdriver and pliers to remove it

Left some very lovely scars and custom markings on the highly polished and deep blue receiver.
Not to forget to mention the bullet that was stuck in the barrel and the dings from the hammer hitting the crown of the muzzle.

I used a Springfield Armory ruptured case tool to remove the case and then drove the bullet out of the barrel.
The kids asked during this operation:
"Can you hurry up? Grandpa will be home soon."
"Can you re-blue the gun ... Maybe Grandpa won't notice..."

The rifle was a Springfield 1903 from 1927 with a star gauged barrel , set up for match shooting back in the day.
The cartridge case had a rim date of 1914.

I did check out the obits for a few weeks after to see if the kids found their way into them...:eek::D

Edit to add ... Please keep your guns secure and teach safety and proper handling to all in your home.
Andy

Last Edited:
A coworker asked me about some center fire earlier in the week, I said I'd be happy to take him to my range to try out various (AR/AK & such).

...but the first thing I asked him was if he had secure storage, should he decide to go out & buy something. Response: no.

They have there first grandchild, who visits for weekends.

We will now have further discussions in regards to secure storage...

Oh & more on topic of this thread, Statesman Journal earlier in the week reported a 15yo was arrested in connection with the shooting death of a woman in McMinnville, and the wounding of a man. If I recall the story, they were all living in the same house, but not related...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top