JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently had occassion to contact D.P.M.S. service..regarding a very straight forward question about one of their lower receivers.. I will say their response was very timely.. However..they did not answer my question..and the response was quite unprofessional..evidenced a complete disregard for customer support..and was..in fact..quite curt..if not smart ***ed..

I replied..stating as much..and again asking for the very simple information.. I received a second email..which was even shorter..and showed an absolute dis-interest in my query..

That being said..I will NEVER own another product of any kind..with which their name is associated..and I would highly recommend that no one else does.. Fortunately..there are more than enough companies out there..who actually wish to take care of their customers..without resorting to doing buisness with this company..

Would you care to post your e-mails and their replys? I for one would be interested to see if I have the same take on their replies to your queries as you do.

I have a DPMS rifle, but have never had any service issues so I can't respond as to what their customer service is like.

I did not save the emails..but the question I asked was if a particular lower receiver had left their factory as a rifle..or as a receiver.. They would not answer my question..and as stated..were quite rude..

Maybe I'm over-reacting..but I'm sure they could have answered the question quite easily..if they had any interest whatsoever in providing actual Customer Service..

Without seeing the wording of their actual response, I can't judge whether their response was rude or not. I will say this, having worked at manufacturers and distributors I would not tell someone about a product that I shipped to one of my clients if they were not employed by the client I shipped the product to. It's none of their business. Did you buy the lower receiver from a store or did you buy it used in a FTF sale? If you bought it from a gun store, go back to them. If you bought it FTF from an individual all you can do is ask them and decide if you trust what they are saying.

Most reputable fire arm companies well tell you when a fire arm was made, what configuration it was made in and who it shipped to. They normally have a small fee for this information. I wouldn't expect a CS rep to provide this level of info.

I believe you can determine that by the first three digits of the serial number.
Most companies use a different string in the serial to identify bare receivers vs. whole guns.
Also if it says "multi" for caliber it was definitely a receiver only.

I did not save the emails..but the question I asked was if a particular lower receiver had left their factory as a rifle..or as a receiver.. They would not answer my question..and as stated..were quite rude..

Maybe I'm over-reacting..but I'm sure they could have answered the question quite easily..if they had any interest whatsoever in providing actual Customer Service..

Stripped lowers are marked with a "K" at the end of the serial number to indicate "kit". Rifles built w/ these receivers are not factory built by DPMS and do not have a factory warranty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top