JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have posted a new D-Day image commemorating that day in 1944 when our grandfathers began the task of ridding Europe of German fascism.

Why post a link here in a firearms forum? Because these days I wonder if WWII is even taught, and if so, how much is left out. Are they even allowed to mention that our servicemen used firearms? Recently I saw an article in which one principle claimed to suspend anyone who even said the word "gun" in his school.

<broken link removed>

History is important as is the legacy of that generation, especially to our youth who likely only vaguely know if it from the movies.

In memory of this "day of days" please visit the Facebook link and share it on your feed.

Thanks-

FNW

https://www.facebook.com/freedomnw

I graduated high school in 1971 and we never did cover WWI or WWII. The school was in a backwater pukehole town so it wasn't like there was any liberal influence, and I always wondered how something that important had gotten skipped. Maybe they thought we already know about it due to our families being in the war? Dunno.

I graduated high school in 1971 and we never did cover WWI or WWII. ....

I'm from the class of '83, and Vietnam was the discusssion. I had VN vets teaching me from as far back as my elementary school days. WWII was relegated to "Hogan's Heroes" re-runs, and Korea was MASH.... Sad, I know and agree.

That being said, the mood here needs to be lightened up, ( and before a mod comes along and moves this thread over to "Off Topic"):

Shaven, Cologned Grandpa Heads Into Town To Rake In D-Day Pussy | The Onion - America's Finest News Source:s0155:

Sadly, a person who get a degree in 'history' nowadays is actually getting a degree in propaganda and twisted truth. Over the last 15+ years the lowly class has had access to actual knowledge via the alternate/media, but the 98% has squandered it. It is in our DNA to look to authority figures and sources only and doing otherwise takes a conscience effort.

TPTB despise the internet as a media source and are doing all they can to make it a restricted, registered-only forum. Of course, they'll succeed at some point just as they will with gun control and the removal of an individual rights on a global scale.

Right now the minions of the global elite meet secretly to determine your children's future and the 98% simple don't care. Kim Kardashian is having a baby though. http://www.globalresearch.ca/who-wi...will-be-discussed-behind-closed-doors/5337453

Nothing is about helping you. That isn't what people like this are about. They are about more for them, less for you. The isn't the future that men at D-Day died for, is it?

I don't remember learning anything in school worth a squirrel fart! I went to high school in the mid 90s by the way.
Now that I am older, I now know that the school system in this country is a joke. The schools are nothing but a brain wash camp. It's a place where they can teach your kids how to be good little slaves.

High school did absolutely nothing to "prepare" me for the "real world". I remember when my social studies teacher used to tell us that we should watch CNN and that we should vote. Because if we didn't vote, we had no room to complain..... yeah right! I am a firm believer that if voting could change anything (I don't mean the local stuff) it would be illegal. Just look at our presidential reality show every four years. You get to choose one out of two evils. It's like going to a FORD dealership and they tell you that you can have any car in the world as long as it's a FORD.... what if I want a Nissan GT-R? catch my drift? it's all an illusion.... they have brainwashed people so bad that the people actually think they have the power to change thing every four years..... hahahahah silly rabbit, trix are for kids.

I think it would be a good idea for me to go to my high school and ask to see if I can show up for a few days and observe what is being thought, how the teachers are now days etc. I wanna see if it's really the brain wash factories that I think they are. Maybe I would need more than a few days but I just wanna see how things are now.... 15 years later.

Just think about it, if they taught you what you need to know, you'd have the ability to think for yourself and "they" can't have people capable of doing that....that's a big NO NO! they want people who are just smart enough to do what they are told and not have the ability to question things and come to their own conclusion based on their own research.

Just for the record, I hated school and I learned more in one week of watching YouTube... and that is the sad truth.

I'm sorry. Strikes me as funny when a guy who graduated in the 90's says "Now that I'm older..." (I got retired from the army in 88, so I am an older fart)...

I didn't learn much "history" in high school because most history teachers then (and now) are coaches, and not history types. They use it as a throw away class, and no one much cares. The way the PC police have bastardized history recently, there isn't much a guy can learn in school that is real...

On a personal note, if you have a chance, GO to Normandy. Stand on the hillside above the beaches, go to the graveyards...it is a moving experience.

ok, I have a complaint about the bubble gum machine. (and I did type bubble and then gum)...

The correct word for the son of an unmarried couple is b a s t a r d. That is NOT a swear word, it is proper English grammar. Same for the "b" word when used to denote a female dog, or four letter word for a rooster.

The bubble gum machine needs to be able to distinguish between real swear words and words that are properly used. One of the joys of the English language is it's richness. To lose that because we are somehow afraid of offending "someone" is terrible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top