Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

D.C. confiscates injured vet's guns

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by dmancornell, May 15, 2012.

1. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

2. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

"The nation’s capital does not acknowledge the right to bear arms, so there are no carry rights."

That is really messed up if you ask me.

Rascals and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Akathepriest

Akathepriest Astoria, OR Active Member

The fact that the charges has been dropped and they haven't made any effort to return his weapons is ridiculous. Have that PD go over and fight in Afghanistan then see how they like it when they are treated like second rate civilians when they are home from a wartime injury.

4. yeticat

yeticat Monroe, WA New Member

This is just not right.
    I sent an email demanding the property of Lt. Kim's be returned to him.

MPD spokesman Gwendolyn Crump
    Gwendolyn Crump MPD
    gwendolyn.crump@dc.gov

5. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

Awesome!!! Email on its way......I was thinking about who one might contact to hassle about this issue but you beat me to it.

6. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

This will probably will get deleted as soon as its opened, but here is a copy of the e-mail I just sent.
    Thank you for the link yeticat.

"I'm writing this on behalf of Lt.Kim, who's property was confiscated. The charges were apparently dropped yet his property has not been returned. If the weapons that were seized were legal, then they should be returned immediately and without further delay.

A man steps up and volunteers his time and life for his country, goes to battle in a foreign land, is wounded, then returns to his home country to be treated like this? I find this disgraceful.

If it is within your power to have an impact regarding this issue, I implore you to please consider this request.

I'm sending this from the coast of Oregon, as the news has now reached this far west and has not fallen upon deaf ears. Those of us whom are law abiding citizens of this great country have heard and are listening.

I thank you for your time and consideration.
    With all due respect, John."

7. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Why am I not even suprised that the 2nd ammendment doesn't exist in DC.

CryWolf and (deleted member) like this.
  8. JohnnyCauc

JohnnyCauc Portland, OR Member

"...but the District still refuses to return to him $10,000 worth of firearms and parts."

"He had one Colt Carbine AR15 rifle 6920 5.56/.223, a Beretta 92S in 9mm, a custom Springfield Armory 1911 in .45 caliber. The national guardsman’s hobby is building and working on 1911 models, so he had spare parts, including a frame, barrel and upper receiver."

So... incomplete list, lying to make the MPD look worse, or he legitimately believes his stuff is worth that much?