JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This guy seems like a good prospect:

One of those things that will never be solved. I've always been fascinated by this story.

There was a couple really good suspects.
one that I think had a background in the military with skydiving experience in the military, and had pilots experience which the jumper would have to know to tell the pilot wind speed, flaps, etc

I was flying back and forth from here to AZ when he pulled this. Until then you walked on the plane with whatevery you wanted to carry. I even took a pet snake with me one trip :D
We show up here and they had thrown up temporary metal detectors and employee's to hand search stuff. I hear that for a good while the people who emptied the trash were finding all kinds of interesting stuff for a long time till word finally got out. :D

this was taken from Wiki, but I found it interesting.
Heck reading all these suspects everyone, I'm like that sounds like him!

Walter R. RecaEdit
220px-71_Walter_at_Home.jpg
Walter R. Reca
Walter R. Reca (1933–2014) was a Michigan native,[195][196] a military veteran and original member of the Michigan Parachute Team. He was proposed as a suspect by his friend Carl Laurin,[197] a former commercial airline pilot and expert parachuter himself, at a press conference on May 17, 2018.[198] In 2008, Reca confessed to being D.B. Cooper to Laurin via a recorded phone call.[199] In July 2018, Principia Media released a four-part documentary detailing their investigation.

Reca gave Laurin permission in a notarized letter to share his story after he died in 2014, aged 80. He also allowed Laurin to tape their phone conversations about the crime over a six-week period in late 2008. In the over three hours of recordings, Reca gave new details about the hijacking that the public had not heard before. He also confessed to his niece, Lisa Story.[200] Using his years of training to determine the location of the jump, Laurin concluded that D.B. Cooper landed near Cle Elum, Washington.

According to written testimony, Jeff Osiadacz, a Cle Elum, Washington native, was driving his dump truck near Cle Elum the night of November 24, 1971, when he saw a man walking down the side of the road in the inclement weather. He assumed the man's car had broken down and was walking to get assistance. He did not have room in his truck to pick him up, and continued toward his destination, the Teanaway Junction Café just outside Cle Elum. After ordering coffee, the man from the side of the road also entered the café looking like a "drowned rat", according to Osiadacz. The man sat next to him and asked if he would be able to give his friend directions if he called him on the phone. Osiadacz agreed to this and spoke with the man's friend, giving him directions to the café. Shortly after that, Osiadacz left for the Grange Hall to play in a band. The man offered to pay for his coffee, and the two amicably parted.

Laurin began his search for the witness, after Reca described the landscape he saw while on his way to the drop zone: two bridges, some distinct lights; and his description of the exterior and interior of the café, as well as his encounter with Osiadacz. He described Osiadacz in detail, recalling that he was wearing western gear and had a guitar case. He dubbed him "Cowboy".

Laurin consulted a map to find these landmarks and began making phone calls about the "Cowboy who had driven a dump truck." Laurin was put in contact with Osiadacz, who recalled meeting a man that night, described what he was wearing and what he looked like, and confirmed his identity as Reca after seeing a photo Laurin sent him.[201] In addition to the taped confession, Laurin also has a confession written by Reca and long underwear allegedly worn by Reca under his black pants during the hijacking.

In 2016, Laurin took the information to publisher Principia Media, who consulted with Joe Koenig, a forensic linguist.[202] He evaluated all documents, including passports, identification cards, photographs, and newspaper clippings. Koenig found no evidence of tampering or manipulation and deemed all documentation authentic and contemporaneous. After comparing Laurin's research to the available FBI records, he found no discrepancies that eliminated Reca as a suspect. He also thought it particularly significant that Osiadacz's statement of events on the night of November 24, 1971, was identical to the account that Reca made five years earlier. Koenig publicly stated at the Principia Media press conference on May 17, 2018, that he believes that Walter R. Reca was D.B. Cooper.[203] Koenig later published a book on Cooper, titled Getting the Truth: I Am D.B. Cooper.[204]

Last I remember reading about this was almost all of the money was never seen. I remember a good while back some kid found some out in the wilderness that was rotted badly but was found to be from what was paid. If the guy who confessed to his friend was the real deal that could have helped if he had saved a handful of the original bills. Sure as hell would be interesting to know if the damn guy actually lived to spend the money.

Yeah that kids found $5800 matching serial numbers to the heist.
But it was found a ways from the flight line.
there's a lot that doesn't add up.

Robert Rackshaw was probably the best suspect and still considered by most the main suspect.

There was some knowledge that the high jacker had that most people wouldn't know. Even the flight crews didn't know the aft door could be open in flight.

There was a call from Ariel Wa. to his house in UT.
Yes, that's where DB Jumped and landed.
A lady ID'd him that gave him a ride from Ariel Wa. to Portland.
Shortly after the DB cooper hijacking he paid off all his student loans in cash. ( Flight school ) Even with No money in the bank.
Paid his past due bills off in cash.

Got caught after doing the exact same thing.
Escaped jail, Died in a shoot out.

Dude is DB Cooper.
100%

Last Edited:
There was a call from Ariel Wa. to his house in UT.
Yes, that's where DB Jumped and landed.
A lady ID'd him that gave him a ride from Ariel Wa. to Portland.
Shortly after the DB cooper hijacking he paid off all his student loans in cash. ( Flight school ) Even with No way money in the bank.
Paid his past due bills off in cash.

Got caught after doing the exact same thing.
Escaped jail, Died in a shoot out.

Dude is DB Cooper.
100%
The amazing thing to me is I do not remember any of this from back then. It had to be on the "news" of course but, they had to have not made nearly the big deal out of it as the original. I know in the first one they had all the serial numbers for the bills. So how did they not track down some when this guy was going around paying stuff off in cash? Sounds like the "investigators" were incompetent. :eek:

Nobody jumps out of a jet aircraft at altitude on a cold rainy night in a business suit and survives. There's a little thing called hypothermia that tends to be pretty tough on human beings. He's dead.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top