JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks,

I'm looking for a gunsmith or competent gun aficionado with a working knowledge of the Czech DUO. It's a Browning type design .25 cal made 1942 in Czech under Nazi occupation.

Problem: I took mine apart too far. I was stupid and impatient and didn't videotape or note the order I disassembled. There is a small spring I cannot fit correctly and don't want to be even stupider firing the gun without it.

Anyone here that knows how to fix this problem? I'm looking to come to you and pay you for your services, not looking for a handout or an explanation over the internet.

The firing pin was broken upon purchase from the pawn shop, but a small company makes copies. I was thinking I'd buy the WOLFF spring pack for the DUO and have whoever helps me with this change everything out for me.

Thanks in advance!

I couldn't find any specific schematics for CZ Duo on line. You might try this: Select this site

<broken link removed>

and click on the manual for the baby browning. The Duo looks to be a close copy of the browning vest pocket or baby browning. The schematic diagram included in the browning manual may help you to decipher where the spring goes. Good luck and let me know if you are successful.

I couldn't find any specific schematics for CZ Duo on line. You might try this: Select this site

<broken link removed>

and click on the manual for the baby browning. The Duo looks to be a close copy of the browning vest pocket or baby browning. The schematic diagram included in the browning manual may help you to decipher where the spring goes. Good luck and let me know if you are successful.

Hi Sincere,
Maybe Wolf have a Schematic on the Weapon. I would call them.
Are you located close to Portland, Oregon? I just worked on a ruby .32 look like it.
Hope this may help,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

The article below states that the Duo is "virtually identical" to the Colt 1908 .25. It shows the parts.

2 Czech .25s

After you read that, then go here:

1908Colt

The Colt article should give you the idea. It sounds like you may be talking about the firing pin spring. That is shown more plainly on the Colt photos.

If you need more detail, it won't be hard to find actual instructions for the Colt via google. There are also some YouTubes showing how its done.

Hi Sincere,
Maybe Wolf have a Schematic on the Weapon. I would call them.
Are you located close to Portland, Oregon? I just worked on a ruby .32 look like it.

After look at the 1908 Colt .25 the Small Spring is the detent spring for the Side Lock / Safety. Look on Numrich and see the Schematic Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

Hope this may help,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews