JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Everyone. Took my new pcr to the range yesterday. Put 300 rounds down range. The pistol was pure uninterrupted mechanical magic. Nothing but "bang" every time. Accuracy was absolutely right on as well. A fun day all way around. This more than finished up my self-imposed 500 round trial before any weapon gets included in a carry rotation. I did purchase an extra MecGar mag and it was great too. I only had a couple of failure to feeds within the first 50 rounds with the factory mags but after that, perfection. Slow fire, fast fire, double/triple taps all functioned as I expected and wanted it to. If anyone wants a nice carry weapon I would recommend the pcr without hesitation. Oh, I did discover online where one can purchase a 32 round mag for CZ75s that will also work in the pcr. I'll never purchase one of those "happy handles" but the range possibilities are awesome. That's it for me gang. Thanks for reading. Pops

Nice!

I have a few 32rd magazines, and they are handy for the range. Also handy in that if you load them to capacity the failure to feed increases on the first few rounds. Great for practicing malfunction drills.

Love them CZ's
Some info on this one...

15z_CZPCR_L_91194_01194-500x372.png
CZ PCR specs.jpg

I'm still liking this CZ... a lot. Took it to the range yesterday and went through another 200 smooth rounds. This time I used 100 rounds of Brown Bear 115gr jhp along with 100 rounds of my usual remanufactured 115 gr practice ammo from Freedom Munitions. As I have said before, I really prefer an all metal sidearm. The l'il CZ is still a winner for me. Finally got my sight picture dialed in too. Fun!

Hey Pops...
Glad to hear you like the PCR.
You mentioned putting it into your carry-rotation. Have you done that yet?
If so, I'm curious what position you carry it in, and if you've found a good holster solution for it.
Thanks!

Yes Meridian7750 it is in my carry rotation now. Its a very nice carry weapon. I carry it in a Bianchi #100 leather IWB holster. It is the same holster the Sig P220 rides in although the CZ fits just a little better. I find if I wear it in the 3 o'clock position and canted just a little forward it does not bother my hip and does not dig into my side. The bonus is easy on and off each day. Normally I wear it all day. Presentations come very quickly out of the holster. Reholstering is not a big deal either. Even rides nice in a Remora no clip holster. I do recommend an undershirt. Don't know about you but I have been known to sweat some. Hey thanks for asking. :) BTW- at "social work" distances the pcr really shines. For my hands it is an instinctive point shooter at that distance.

I'm still liking this CZ... a lot. Took it to the range yesterday and went through another 200 smooth rounds. This time I used 100 rounds of Brown Bear 115gr jhp along with 100 rounds of my usual remanufactured 115 gr practice ammo from Freedom Munitions. As I have said before, I really prefer an all metal sidearm. The l'il CZ is still a winner for me. Finally got my sight picture dialed in too. Fun!

Nice- I am looking to buy either a CZ 75 P-01 or PCR (depends on what I can find) within the next few months

Have you done anything to it? like put on new sights or grips?

Now that it is broken in it will get a new front Meprolight night sight and a new set of LOK grips in grenade style. Thanks for asking. The P 01 looks great too. It is a pcr with a rail.

Now that it is broken in it will get a new front Meprolight night sight and a new set of LOK grips in grenade style. Thanks for asking. The P 01 looks great too. It is a pcr with a rail.

Those grips will look nice on it.

The factories are allrite, no bling simple plastic. I swapped our PCR grips out for these "Cool hand" brand with screws:

Amazon.com : CZ 75 Compact Grips, Free Screws included, White/Black G10, OPS Texture, Cool Hand Brand : Sports & Outdoors

Color of the black/grey is a bit off from the Amazon picture (where as they are a perfect match to the RAMI model as pictured). More of a Zebra white/black, still nice though. There is also a red colored line of plastic at the rear of the grip which is kind of a nice touch.

I "think" someone else on here has a pic of these same grips on there PCR.

Got the LOK grenade grips in OD Green and Black. Nice set. Sorry no pics as they are all over the net. Thinner than the CZ factory rubber ones and still very grippy feeling. I will wring them out on my next range trip and report back. Always had good luck with the LOK grips. Run them on all my 1911s too.

Got the LOK grenade grips in OD Green and Black. Nice set. Sorry no pics as they are all over the net. Thinner than the CZ factory rubber ones and still very grippy feeling. I will wring them out on my next range trip and report back. Always had good luck with the LOK grips. Run them on all my 1911s too.

nice- those are on the top of my list (out of maybe 3) when I get my p-01

Here's a few pics of those cool hand grips I linked to above, if other folks were thinking on them.

We like them, even though they appear a bit "brighter" contrast than the advertised picture (more black & white vs the RAMI grips we have being gray).

4828D624-A30E-4889-A229-26BFFCFAEE79_zpsksdwmj9t.jpg

F47E5F8A-0CD3-43D4-B0A5-E3CF052119B1_zpsioryy14q.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews