JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody install one of these kits and how did it go?
I'm in process and it seems to be a pain in the ace.
-First issue was a certain hammer was required, but on their site it says "designed to work with" and I didnt take that as required?
-Second issue was that kit dont fit your model without some modification, cause you have a decocker instead of safety.
So now that Ive ordered parts twice and have gotten it all put together, and it all went together nice. Except now it wont fire in single action after you rack the slide. It does though in double action and if I set the hammer back with my thumb. Any suggestions? It seems CZ is the more difficult one to work on, especially the decocker model. I will say Eric @ CZcustoms responds to email very quick and that is nice. But I prefer a phone call sometimes and this is one of them. And that is impossible? Im all ears at this point. I just want to shoot my new gun. -Thank you

I can't help you out with your problem. Just offer words of encouragement and that it will be worth it when you get your issues resolved. I have the full Cajun kit in mine which includes their reach reduction parts and love it. Took a good gun and made it great.

Sounds like you need more forward travel in the trigger bar for the sear to engage the SA hook on the hammer. I've experienced the issue You describe, I believe, when fitting a Cajun Short reset disconnector on my Shadow 2, and also maybe when swapping out the recurve trigger for one with a pre-travel screw that was adjusted too far out.

I have found the resources on The Original CZ Forum very helpful when working on my CZ handguns. There are some links there to some good tutorials and explanations.

Sounds like you need more forward travel in the trigger bar for the sear to engage the SA hook on the hammer. I've experienced the issue You describe, I believe, when fitting a Cajun Short reset disconnector on my Shadow 2, and also maybe when swapping out the recurve trigger for one with a pre-travel screw that was adjusted too far out.

I have found the resources on The Original CZ Forum very helpful when working on my CZ handguns. There are some links there to some good tutorials and explanations.

Where can the original CZ forum be found? Ive never heard of it? Off to Google I go..................

The decocker versions are "NON B" versus the B with the safety but no decocker. I own both and you have to pay attention to a number of different parts in the fire control group.

This is a new gun virtually. It has less than 200 rds through it. When you say "Pay attention to" you mean for wear?

No, I meant in terms of ordering parts and modifications. A lot of people only own one or the other model and don't realize there are other very similar models with different features.

I really like this one, but so far the jury is still out on another one. If this all works as planned I may buy a Shadow 2 someday, maybe? I was shopping for a Walther Q5SF when I bought this CZ.

Looks like the kit you got is for a pre b or Shadow, or CZ 85 without the firing pin block that is included on the 75 B, including the SP-01, unless it is the SP-01 Shadow. These use a different disconnector than the guns with the firing pin block, which is likely limiting the forward travel of your trigger bar. Probably need to swap out the disconnector to get it to work.

Last Edited:
I really like this one, but so far the jury is still out on another one. If this all works as planned I may buy a Shadow 2 someday, maybe? I was shopping for a Walther Q5SF when I bought this CZ.

I have quite a few CZ handguns. Really like them, especially with a little trigger work. The decocker models are a little more difficult than the safety models when it comes to reassembly after breaking it down for polishing and swapping trigger and action parts. However, with the aid of some decent videos as tutorials, it's not too bad. You will be handsomely rewarded after installing trigger upgrade parts form CZ Custom or Cajun Gun Works. I have a SP-01 tactical (decocker) that I did the Cajun pro kit in and the trigger turned out real nice.

The Shadow and Shadow 2 typically have a pretty nice trigger out of the box, as they don't have the firing pin block mechanism to move when actuating the trigger. But you can make your SP-01 have a great trigger also, and retain the firing pin block system if you desire.

Looks like the kit you got is for a pre b or Shadow, or CZ 85 without the firing pin block that is included on the 75 B, including the SP-01, unless it is the SP-01 Shadow. These use a different disconnector than the guns with the firing pin block, which is likely limiting the forward travel of your trigger bar. Probably need to swap out the disconnector to get it to work.

Pretty sure the kit I got is right, its for a 75 non B.

I gotta thank Eric at CZ customs for telling me what to do. I did not know the innerworkings of this pistol and now have a really good sense of it. I did get it all working, but this kit is not plug and play for all models or all abilities. Off to the range to try it out.....

The job I just did was not for the beginner or someone who doesnt have the correct tools. I dont consider myself a beginner, and I have the tools most do not. (I have a very complete machine shop at home) I did not have any experience with the CZ pistol, so without guidance I would have failed miserably. Eric @ CZ customs is impossible to call and talk to on the phone, but is awesome at responding to emails. At first I was frustrated with this, but it actually worked out pretty good in the end. I was able to tell him the symptom and he instructed me my next move. That being said, the de-cocker CZ pistol aint anything special or hard to disassemble and reassemble, if you know what you are doing or can learn. You MUST have patience. I can now fully disassemble and reassemble mine in about 20 minutes. I lost count how many times I did it. The jury is out still on any trigger improvement because I have yet to fire it live. I can say the reach is a lot better for my shorter fingers and the new ergo's are a huge improvment. And that makes it worth it already. -5.0