JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i highly suggest sending it to czcustomshop. Angus Hobdell is the best CZ trigger guy ever... ive had the pleasure to shoot a 75SA that he worked over, and it rivaled some 1911 customs. hes that good.

+1 for oli700 - Great photos too!
I second the vote for Cajun Gun Works. I have installed four hammer kits on 75-B"s and SP-01's and its night and day difference.
After owning a dozen or more CZ's I discovered CGW's parts kits and they make a good pistol an Excellent pistol.
Lots in info on the Original CZ Forum.
Good Luck!

After reading up on the CZ forums I decided to try to fit the competition hammer sold by Angus. this was on my new cz 85. It was a fairly straightforward install based on my amature gunsmith skill level. the difference in trigger pull was just fantastic! I'm glad I did it.

decockers models are much harder to deal with. Just doing the hammers is night and day, doing all the springs is night and day from that....and polishing goes a very long way on a CZ

That's true there are three areas to improve:
The full polish takes time but no money and you get a smoother trigger.
The 13# hammer spring and a CGW lighter trigger return spring lighten the trigger at minimal cost.
The largest cost is the hammer and adjustable CGW sear. (this sear makes adjusting the Safety much easier)
Then I typically remove the Firing Pin Block from the slide and add a Single Action Only trigger.
I convert all my CZ's including my SP-01 Shadows to SAO. Just personal preference.
These pistols are like Leggos for grown ups!

In the lower photo oli700 got a bit ticked and drove a punch straight through the side of his slide.
Happens to me all the time. I just patch mine with some bondo and move on.
This is why we never work on guns when angry! LOL!!!
Actually the punch was used to drive out the pin that holds the firing pin block and firing pin. Right Oli?
Just kidding about the bondo....
It looks complicated but really its a very straightforward pistol to work on. There are several excellent videos in the Original CZ Forum.
Hey, If I can work on these things, anybody can.

Another vote for Cajun Gun Works: cajungunworks

David is THE BEST. Was a custom 1911 gunsmith for ~30 years, then switched to CZ some years ago. His parts are top quality (race hammer, billet sear, and sights are all amazing) and his 'smithing work is second-to-none. CZ Custom is the factory-backed custom shop and I have had plenty of parts and work from them also. They are excellent. But they are the "big guy" and cannot give you the same attention to detail that David does. He takes the time to make it perfect because it's his personal work, and he takes it seriously.

My current SP-01 has a custom trigger and is single action only now, has the CGW Race Hammer and adjustable sear, CGW rear sight, has the FPB and lifter removed, has lighter main- and recoil springs, and was tuned by David. I've had $3,000 1911's, and the trigger on this is about as good as anything can be. It's SO crisp and short with a perfect weight. NO pre- or over-travel, and the reset is very short and tactile. The AMAZING trigger combined with the fantastic ergos, low bore axis, and high mechanical accuracy make it absolutely awesome. Best-shooting pistol I've ever shot, and I've shot a lot of very nice ones.

Hmmm... blurry cell phone photo haha

SP-01.jpg

20121101_134836.jpg

I agree that David Milam is a great guy. I called him and he took the time to listen and then recommend the hammer/firing pin/trigger combinations for my new .45 97B. I told him I wanted 1911 performance similar to what I had achieved in my Stainless 75B and my SP-01 Shadow.
I have owned numerous high end 1911's and I am pretty picky about the trigger pull. This 97B does everything I hoped it would do with basically drop-in parts and a thorough interior polish. I am a CGW fan.
To be fair, I have also had great service from Stuart Lee at the CZ Custom Shop in Mesa, Arizona and bought both my Shadows through Stuart. Welcome to the world of the CZ. Now if we could just find some for sale.....

Actually the punch was used to drive out the pin that holds the firing pin block and firing pin. Right Oli?

LOL, yes sir. The firing pin retaining pin is one of the ONLY weak spots of a CZ75. It is a roll pin and is not up to much dry fire practice.....I was surprised when I pulled mine. I replaced it with the carbide pin....bullet proof

As straight forward as it is, its not for everyone. If you have trouble you can get help here, I'll help ya through it

I am excited to see all the CZ, best kept secret in the firearms industry.....it is a shooters gun, sheep need not apply

Oli700 if your ever in the nw side let me know! I'd love to have you over to tinker with my sp01. I can't bring myself to do this on my own. Maybe if I had a safety version. Oh yea gimme a few weeks notice and I'll have all the part here and ready along with some beers and some ammo.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top