JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been dead set on a SP-01, or so I thought, until someone talked to me about the EAA Elite match. I loved the SP-01 I shot and the accuracy was AWESOME.

Has anyone shot both, and what are your thoughts between them?

To start with, no, i haven't shot either, but i struggled with this exact decision the whole first half of 2015.

In the end I got a full size steel frame baby eagle ii in 9mm. Primary reason is that it says "made in israel" on the frame, and that was enough to give my little mall ninja a chubby. Then a month later I bought a second one in 40sw. Love them!

Please let us know what you end up with and post a few range reports! I'm eager to know what i missed out on.

Will do. I had a full frame baby eagle in 9 also. Loved it but gave it to my dad years ago. He carries it on our hunting trips. Awesome guns!

I have a Witness Elite Stock (one step above the match) in 10mm auto. It's a terrific shooter, trigger is superb. One nice thing about the Witness (large steel frame) line is caliber interchangeability, you can swap on slides/barrels and have .22lr, 9mm, 40S&W, 38 super, 45acp, 10mm auto and probably some others I forgot.
I have not had a chance to fire a SP-01 so I can't compare.

Iv got a CZ 75 SP01 Tactical? And I have a Witness Elite Limited. The Elite Limited is a single action only. But from what I understand you can get trigger kits for the CZ that improve the pull greatly.

Just looked at the Elite Match....Says it's got a SA/OTS That's (single action with over travel stop), mine's also TA (Travel Adjustable). Sounds like the same trigger, if that's the case the single action on the Witness is superior to the single action on the CZ. I'm guessing mine breaks at a little less than 4#s.

I notice the Elite Match doesn't have the cone barrel lock-up OR the Polygonal barrel. Do your'self a favor and look at the Elite Limited, doesn't seem like A LOT more money for the added goodness. If you can go the extra. Of course you looking at substantially more for the witness than the CZ. And finding a higher end Tanfoglio in the area probably is not going to happen. When I got mine Kieth's showed they could get it in their book, and they got it for me, took six months! About $300 under MSRP.

I went to the range on Thursday and just grabbed the CZ and the Witness when I left the house. Shot the CZ first and did so-so. It's a .40 and a bit snappy. Shot the Witness, 9mm, had three holes touching, one hole 1/2" off and the fifth was an inch out, at 50'....Got worse after that of course. LOL

I'm glad I have one of each, tough decision for sure!

I have an Elite Match in 9mm and love it! Everyone who has held it and pulled the trigger has said it's one of the best they have seen from a stock firearm. A couple of competition shooters have said that they could win matches with it as-is, hard to do with a stock firearm!
Sorry I can't compare it to a CZ, but my opinion is that it's pretty much incomparable!

Ok, after much contemplation and lack of ability to sell the right firearms to fund my purchase, I ended up purchasing a CZ75 PCR. I haven't shot it yet but have heard great things about it and looking forward to taking it out.

I love my CZ SP01 custom shop accu shadow, but I've always been intrigued by those EAA's.

20150917_131433.jpg

20150917_131433.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews