JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

CZ Scorpion Evo 3 Vs PSAR9

• Total voters
Reactions
I can only buy 1 more gun this year and I was thinking about building a budget AR15 pistol/SBR candidate, but then found out PSA has a 10.5 9mm upper and a 9mm lower for about 540.00 (not including shipping or ffl fees). Then I thought if I coughed up a couple more bucks I could get the CZ. I have always liked the aesthetics, simplicity, and novelty of the CZ, but is it worth it?

Regardless of choice I'm going to SBR.

Well I have never seen an EVO before. They are pretty cool. AR-9, been there done that. Can build one anytime. I have the V-61, I just might have to invest in the EVO.

Magazine availability and manual of arms. Can you get EVO mags, how much $ and where? How does the safety, mag release, and charging handle work? I have had AR platform rifles for 20 years and it's what I know, and can operate them 1 handed or blind-folded. YMMV

Get the EVO. The reviews have been amazing on them, and it is something different/interesting. The few reviews on the psa ar9 have not been overwhelmingly great. If I were going to build a pistol caliber carbine on an ar platform, I would go Lone wolf or Jag9; those take glock mags.

Magazine availability and manual of arms. Can you get EVO mags, how much $ and where? How does the safety, mag release, and charging handle work? I have had AR platform rifles for 20 years and it's what I know, and can operate them 1 handed or blind-folded. YMMV
The manual of arms resembles a mp5 except for its blow back and the bolt locks on last round. I saw some 30 rounders on czs website for about 20 each. And with the safety, people have said it's too elongated and hits their trigger finger since it's ambidextrous.

I had a similar problem, CZ Evo or a Sig MPX or build a AR in 9mm, after doing a lot of research I went with the CZ Scorpion EVO, after 800rds of misc ammo I can said that the gun is solid, zero malfunctions, is also a very accurate gun for the size, at 100s (shooting at a full size target), I hit center mass resting on a sand bag with iron sights, since then I added a Vortex Venom and is even better, I'm planning on SBR it sometime next year,
This gun is a proven gun gun, used but different agencies all over the world and that is the cherry on top!!
I founded 30rds mags online for about $25ea. If you add the price of the gun, mags, etc, the CZ is very competitive.

I really enjoy my 9MM AR. Up until I had one I thought they where kind of dumb.

I can solve your issue though. There is less than 2 months left in "this year" so get the EVO and then in January buy the PSA AR9

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top