JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, it seems like the options here are limited, I have to carry for work and use a blade tech for an XD and it works really well, but im just not happy with it.

Holster options for this gun are relatively non existent. CZ makes holsters but i can't find them anywhere and on their non-US site i was given the impression they do not ship here. (If someone can confirm, that would be nice)

I've heard that Blackhawk HK usp 9 fullsize holsters fit like a glove. But i haven't been able to test fit or get a real confirmation on that or actually find any in store. I would hate to drop 60 plus dollars on a holster and it not fit.

I would prefer a button retention holster and would like to try and stay away from a custom Krydex one, but i realise my options are limited. So if anyone can aim me in the right direction or if you own a CZ P-09 and have found something that works id be in your debt.

Has to be a OWB holster.

Thanks guys, also first non-classified related post.

When you say you have to carry for work - I'm assuming you're a security officer? Check with your employer to make sure there aren't requirements ie must be at least level 2 retention. When I did security, every employer I worked for that had armed officers required NIJ certified retention holsters (insurance requirement) - which pretty much nixes the custom kydex route.

Safariland makes a line of multi-fit, injection molded polymer holsters that use a button to deactivate the retention system. I forget the exact name, but Sportmans Warehouse sells them, and I bet the 5.11 store on Barber would have them.

The issue is that the P-09 is not a typical duty gun - despite it being targetted toward the market - 95% of security, military, and police types are going with the typical Glock, Sig, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, or 1911 route. Anything else you will have a harder time finding a proper holster for. The XD was just getting popular when I did that line of work - and I knew a guy carrying an XD9 in a holster for a Sig 226 because it was the closest fit he could get. The Uncle Mikes nylon "suicide" holsters were common too for guys who chose to carry non-typical guns. I knew one guy who carried a Walther P99 - great gun, but the only holster available to him was the Uncle Mike's POS. It was easier for a badguy to get the gun out than the good guy wearing it.

You might want to check out the Bladetech WRS - they're certified level 2 holsters and offer a wider range of fits than most Safariland or Bianchii offerings. G-Code also has a line of retention holsters - some use a button, some use a rotating hood, and some use a strap plus retention screw setup.

i got the holster for my P09 from these guys:

<broken link removed>

They are made to order. Under 2 weeks to get it on my doorstep. Got the Kydex leather hybrid. I like it a lot. Glock 9mm sized mag pouch works fine so I'm covered there. May get a mag pouch later though.