JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looked at and handled a nice CZ 85B today and was thinking of pulling the trigger. It really works well for me , being a lefty, and feels real nice in the hand. Trigger felt alright in DA, and pretty good in SA. I really like the different options for carrying this gun also. DA, or SA C&L.

Anybody with experience shooting these, or a 75 of course ? Hows the inherent accuracy of the gun, and have you had any operational problems ?

No really looking for a carry gun, but more of a range and general shooting gun at this time and can't really afford another nice 1911 at this time. Plus I like 9mm (obviously) and it'd be a lot cheaper for me to shoot large amounts of ammo through.

CZ's are excellent pistols. I have a CZ PO-1, in 9mm. Quality made gun, very accurate,I wouldn't hesitate if the pistol feels good to you. The trigger gets better the more you shoot it. Is this a new or used pistol? You got that right about cheaper ammo. I rarely shoot my 1911's because of the cost compared to 9mm. I carry a 9mm. Bill

I bought a satin nickel 75B ten years ago when the were really cheap (around $400); then I traded it off several years ago when I was going through a HK phase in my life. I really miss that gun:eek:

I just bought a satin nickel 85 combat about 3 weeks ago. I am also left handed. I've only put about 300 rnds down the bbl. the gun was very reasonably priced,(Keiths) & plenty accurate. out of the box, I thought the trigger was crap. I put in a CZ custom competition hammer & it fixed the trigger. I love this gun! I cant see ever getting rid of it.

For the money, you cant beat them! I have a CZ 85B and it is a tack driver. After 3000 rounds it shoots like a competion pistol. Its no wonder why CZ are going up in price, I cant say anything bad about them. I just picked up a 75 SA, and seriosly considering saling my G17, if it werent for the glock being a nice CCP. Good Luck! and Happy Shooting!

I've got a 75 Sp-01 Phantom, and absolutely love it. Definately the most accurate pistol I own. No one believes me when I say this, but I hit 2 clay pigeons, at 100 yards, on back to back shots with the CZ. I have witnesses. It really happened.
Anyway, buy the CZ, I can guarantee you won't regret it. And, frankly, if you don't like it, I have a feeling there are several folks on NWFA who would gladly take it off your hands.
The one caveat I would throw out there is the scarcity of holsters and whatnot. I'm sure its easier to find one for the 85, but I have been completely shut out on the Phantom.
-Curtis

Mike,
I've got a P-06 (decocker CZ75 compact .40) and love it. Nothing else I've handled or shot feels as good.
Got the Kadet kit (.22 upper) which works great, super accurate and way too much fun to shoot. Added benefit of practicing with same frame/controls:s0155:
By the way I'm really enjoying the Mossy 500.
Matt

I've been looking for a used on for a long time, I finally found a deal on a new one I couldn't pass up. The triggers a little rough on them if there new but they smooth out very nice, or you can have them done, and they are like competition pistols. I bought the CZ75 SP-01 I can't say enough about them.

Enjoy

They are awesome guns. Accurate and easy to shoot. I use my CZ-75B to lure new shooters into the hobby - they always have a good experience and end up wanting to come back for more. I have the Kadet adapter kit and it allows me to shoot even more economically.

Like the previous poster said, they used to be cheap - not anymore :(

I picked up an 85 this last week .. Hope to shoot it this weekend ... After handling it more, I agree the trigger needs a litle helpn (not real bad), but from what I've read, it's a pretty easy fix . We'll se how it feels after a few hundred rounds or more before I change anything ....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top