Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

CZ 85 B Question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by RVTECH, Mar 21, 2011.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I went a took a second look at the CZ 85B I previously posted about. Looked a lot better this time! Anyway if this is the ambidextrous version of the 75 what exactly is ambi about it? The safety was only on the left side. Did I miss something? Thanks.

2. 9mmMike

9mmMike Gladstone, OR Member

Safety should be on both sides as well as the slide release. They are Ambi controls except for the mag release. At least mine is. Take a look at the website and you'll see what Im talking about and any differences to the one your loking at. Good luck ..

3. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

There are two CZ 85 models 'B' and 'Combat' I think the Combat has the ambi controls and no firing pin block.

4. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

It should have the safety on both sides, if not, than either its not an 85, or has been messed with.

Personally if it was a "pawn shop" gun, and was not in factory configuration, I would walk away.

5. RVTECH

It says CZ 85B very clearly on the frame but the safety on the left only. I am going to go look at it again just to make sure I am not crazy. If I missed it for some reason my next stop will be the ophthalmologist!

6. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Check the slide too to see what that says

7. RVTECH

Will do - I assume then it should also say 85B? If not and there is no exit for the safety on the right side I may call CZ.

8. turq

turq Molino,oregon Member

There is also the older models known as just CZ 85. They have rounded trigger guards, no firing pin block, fixed sights.
    Go to CZ Forum - Index and look at the forum...under "85 combat club" near the bottom of the first page is a good thread explaining the differences between the models. CZs are all about options.