JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to look at the CZ 85 B again. The slide serial # and the frame # match. The hole in the frame goes through completely for the safety but the finger lever is only on one side. So am I correct in thinking ambidextrous safety means you would physically have to remove the safety and reinstall it on the other side? Unless I am missing something I see no other way.

No, the CZ safety is not "reversible". It is either strong side,
(right-handed shooter) with the safety lever on the left-hand
side of the gun, or an ambi version that has levers on
"both" sides of the gun for (right and/or left handed shooters).
The CZ forum mentioned earlier, is a great source of info,
but the site traffic is a good bit slower than some of the
other gun forums and might take awhile for someone to
reply to your post.
Some pics of the gun would be very helpful too.

Some more reference material.

Not a CZ85, but shows one of the two ambi versions available.
CZ-75 Trigger job lots of pics in CZ related Frequently Asked Questions, Gunsmithing/Maintenance Forum

This shows the different types of ambi safeties for the various CZ's
CZ Factory Safeties

Not a CZ85, but close enough as far as the ambi-safety is concerned.
YouTube - Norinco NZ-85b Frame detail strip Part 1 (Disassembly)

Here is a CZ75 complete disassembly (single-sided safety)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEpBAoxpRxI

The 85Bs and the stainless 75Bs have an two-sided (ambidextrous) safety. The standard 75Bs have a single-sided (left-side) safety. Someone must have replaced the ambidextrous safety with a single-sided safety.

TMann

EDIT: Do you have any pics of the right side of the gun? Is there some sort of bushing to fill the right-sided safety hole?

Well the mystery is FINALLY put to rest. I called CZ today and they pulled the build record on my gun. It was recorded as built in 2003 as a 75 BD. It was mis-marked as an 85B. They were somewhat surprised to hear of this.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top