JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, that makes sense as it still shows up on their website. Good situation for them... not being able to keep up with demand. I'll check with Fed Way Discount Gun and see what they can find out and how soon they can get one for me.
Thanks

Try a Tristar C-100. It's a CZ-75 Compact clone made by Canik55, a Turkish NATO certified manufacturer. It's lighter (alloy-framed) and, based on my own CZ ownership, much better machined than the CZs themselves. Imported and distributed by Tristar Arms. Available on GalleryofGuns.com and Cheaperthandirt.com. All for about $375 new with two high-quality Mecgar mags.

F63B0B3D-CF25-42F9-B193-F3D583A56409-2338-000002D18CBDE5E2.jpg

Not heard of them, but will do some research. I'm already feeling like going from a Sig to the CZ is a trade-down in quality/performance and long term resale value -- seems like the C100 is another step down :huh:

Thanks

I'd agree on the Sig-to-CZ downgrade, but I don't think that's true on the CZ-to-Tristar issue. The finish, internals, and everything else about the Tristar just reeks quality, where that hasn't been true about the CZ-75B I owned and others I've shot. They functioned flawlessly, but just were rough on the inside. The Turkish arms industry is thriving (Stoeger for example) and Canik55 is ISO 9001 and NATO certified. Canik55 makes some gorgeous guns. Check them out here at
<broken link removed> .

Well, just name recognition and what seems to be a larger following I suppose. My brother is big on Sigs and strongly suggested them in my list. In addition to the M&P, PPQ, Glock 19, Beretta 92, and XD, I did shoot the P-226 and a P-229 and liked the fit, but not as much as the CZ... it just felt better and shot as well as the Sigs...as good as all of them for that matter. After researching info about CZ, they seem to have a pretty good following of their own...and I always try and get the best value for the money.

Just picked up my new CZ 75 P-01, 9mm yesterday. In and out of the gun store with gun in hand in less than 30 minutes...some things here in WA are still the way they should be! It came with a "factory accuracy" test document, with shots from 25m. What does one make of these in the sense that is there considerable differences in accuracy from gun to gun within a specific model? Anyone know how these tests are performed (bench, standing, single hand, etc.)? Can't wait to spend some range time with it and see how it compares to the rental gun I tested a few weeks ago...and loved.
Thanks

I don't know about the sig-cz is a downgrade just different. I had a 226 and went to a cz sp01 tac and I am way more accurate with my cz. The factory trigger was better on the sig but the feel of the cz is way nicer and for me anyway it translated to much better accuracy, even with the sloppier trigger. Which won't be that way for long. Either way they are both great pistols.
Here is me in my last uspsa match with the sp01, first part is my buddy then all me. I was one of only a coupe to clear the 2 4 shot stars in only 8 shots.
Uspsa pistol comp Douglas Ridge OR 12/1/12 - YouTube

Very good choice you made there sir ! You won't be sorry, all the sheep that want the Navy SEAL gun won't understand but a true died in the wool firearms connoisseur will .You have the better gun period